Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volquez drawing trade interest... (Rosenthal)

Volquez drawing trade interest... (Rosenthal)

Ken_RosenthalKen Rosenthal
    Source: #Reds drawing interest from multiple teams on Volquez. #tradedeadline #MLB

Would he bring anything back? I would think he would, otherwise it wouldn't really make sense to trade him because he has potential.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Volquez drawing trade interest... (Rosenthal)

i would trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1995 View Post
    i would trade him.
    me2

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I actually wondered about this.

As frustrated as alot of us are with Edinson, he has topnotch stuff and is coming off of TJ surgery. He's a few years removed from being the ace of the staff, winning 17 games, and garnering some Cy Young votes.

His problem has been control, and sometimes between his ears. A change of scenery with a non contending team might do him some good, to take the pressure off of him and allow him to work regaining his form.

Starting pitching is hard to come by. I think the Reds could get something decent for him. Maybe not a top prospect, but something halfway decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I actually wondered about this.

As frustrated as alot of us are with Edinson, he has topnotch stuff and is coming off of TJ surgery. He's a few years removed from being the ace of the staff, winning 17 games, and garnering some Cy Young votes.

His problem has been control, and sometimes between his ears. A change of scenery with a non contending team might do him some good, to take the pressure off of him and allow him to work regaining his form.

Starting pitching is hard to come by. I think the Reds could get something decent for him. Maybe not a top prospect, but something halfway decent.
    Any chance they get something that could help right now for him? To be honest, I don't think i'd trade him for a prospect because he's basically a good prospect that has had a top notch MLB season. If he is traded for a prospect, I don't think you would get someone back that has the potential ceiling he has.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Maybe we could trade EV and a midget for Josh Hamilton. Surely there has to a GM out there that thinks that is a good idea
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Maybe we could trade EV and a midget for Josh Hamilton. Surely there has to a GM out there that thinks that is a good idea
    lol that trade still hurts. This lineup could sure use Josh Hamilton right now in the OF.

Since I doubt the teams who have interest would have anything more then mid level prospect available to trade for him I just don't see the advantage in dealing him. He will be cheap again next season and with the help of the "Power" he might get things worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Since I doubt the teams who have interest would have anything more then mid level prospect available to trade for him I just don't see the advantage in dealing him. He will be cheap again next season and with the help of the "Power" he might get things worked out.
    I'm with this guy for similar reasons. If you trade him now, you are selling at the ultimate low value. Unless he is involved in another big trade, I would let him sit in AAA and see what he can do. If he puts together a decent 2nd half in AAA, then trade him this winter. My only worry is that the Reds FO will get delusioned into thinking he's fixed again and keep him around.

u can say he has the "stuff" all u want but until he wants to take the time to improve id rather have some1 else on the team that wants to improve. i mean cmon didn't he have a babysitter on the rangers?

As long as he doesn't go to St Louis I would be happy with a trade that brought us a decent prospect that could potentially start in the major leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    u can say he has the "stuff" all u want but until he wants to take the time to improve id rather have some1 else on the team that wants to improve. i mean cmon didn't he have a babysitter on the rangers?
    Sometime greatness takes time to mature. Again right now unless someone offers us greatness there is no reason to deal this kid.

That would be Josh Hamilton.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

That would be Josh Hamilton.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Can't, Daniel Ray Herrera is already gone.

Turn Off Ads?