Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dusty is awful

Dusty is awful

The Reds finally get a little mo on their side with a 2 gm win streak. Then Dusty goes and runs that crap lineup out there. He's a joke.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dusty is awful

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    The Reds finally get a little mo on their side with a 2 gm win streak. Then Dusty goes and runs that crap lineup out there. He's a joke.
    How in the world do you let Janish lead off the 9th too? Before someone says he was 3-3, if you watched the game you wouldn't say that, lol.

We're hitting .164 w/ RISP in our losses this year.

#blamedusty

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Cue Baker12.

First off we're not sure if Heisey was available after his collision yesterday. Hanigan had been used. Votto had been used. Is it really that big of a deal if we were to PH Janish with Renteria....really? Or maybe we coulda trotted out Mr. Pinchhit Gomes.

Votto needed a day off and he rarely gets them. Cozart is on the DL. Rolen is on the DL. Not sure how one would put together a better lineup.

I personally don't like Dusty. I question MANY of his decisions. BUT tonight he didn't have a lot of choices. Votto needed a night off, maybe even two. He has been struggling and has been getting frustrated. Their isn't much of a bench to choose from. Until we get some help from Walt & Co, we are going to be stuck with these kind of lineups and will finish in 3rd or 4th place.

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    I personally don't like Dusty. I question MANY of his decisions. BUT tonight he didn't have a lot of choices. Votto needed a night off, maybe even two. He has been struggling and has been getting frustrated. Their isn't much of a bench to choose from. Until we get some help from Walt & Co, we are going to be stuck with these kind of lineups and will finish in 3rd or 4th place.
    I agree. There are many ballgames to choose from where Dusty does something very perplexing. Tonight was not one of those nights. I'm sure all of us would have done a few things differently, but there were no true head scratchers in this game.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    ditto here
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    I agree. There are many ballgames to choose from where Dusty does something very perplexing. Tonight was not one of those nights. I'm sure all of us would have done a few things differently, but there were no true head scratchers in this game.
    My headscratcher -- and correct me if I'm wrong --- I thought I heard Dusty say in a post game interview that he sent "Leakie" out in the 7th so he could get a win --- but he was leading after 6 --- so either he was confused or he was saying he didn't trust his bullpen -- I can't see it any other way at this point

but I think Dusty's options were limited tonight
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

The only thing I would have liked to see was Chapman in the 7th to face Murphy. He only threw 9 pitches last night so he had to have been available and we all know how dominant he's been recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Righthander View Post
    My headscratcher -- and correct me if I'm wrong --- I thought I heard Dusty say in a post game interview that he sent "Leakie" out in the 7th so he could get a win --- but he was leading after 6 --- so either he was confused or he was saying he didn't trust his bullpen -- I can't see it any other way at this point

but I think Dusty's options were limited tonight
    I didn't hear that interview. But Dusty is not the type of guy to disparage anyone on the team; so I can only assume he missed that run crossing the plate. You can't always trust the scoreboard after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    First off we're not sure if Heisey was available after his collision yesterday. Hanigan had been used. Votto had been used. Is it really that big of a deal if we were to PH Janish with Renteria....really? Or maybe we coulda trotted out Mr. Pinchhit Gomes.

Votto needed a day off and he rarely gets them. Cozart is on the DL. Rolen is on the DL. Not sure how one would put together a better lineup.
    Or this guy named Dontrelle Something. He seems to be able to swing the stick a little. I guess I must be mean. I would hurt feelings to win a game.

Dusty is a poor game manager overall, there is no question about that. I didn't find much wrong with his decisions tonight.....at least nothing glaring.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Or this guy named Dontrelle Something. He seems to be able to swing the stick a little. I guess I must be mean. I would hurt feelings to win a game.
    Janish didn't have a horrible game, and his swing actually looked better. I agree D Train was an option, but I'd disagree it was the correct one.

At the end of the day we got what we wanted all night long. Joey Votto up as the tying run once. Jay Bruce as the tying run once. Jay Bruce as the winning run once. Brandon Phillips with the winning run on 1st once. We can't ask for much more than that, those guys just have to deliver.

I have to look at last night's lost as with all losses here on out with a tad of silver linning. Come Oct when Dusty, Walt and Bob sit down and review this season and what will probably be a 4th place finish and 3 out of 4 years under Dusty as losing, that maybe Walt and Bob will need to "use" Dusty as the excuse and he will be let go. We can all hope....

Turn Off Ads?