Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How can any manager bat Stubbs, Bruce and Phillips 1,3 &4?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    How can any manager bat Stubbs, Bruce and Phillips 1,3 &4?

    They are a pitchers top of the order dream. They are all prone to strikeout. Those 3 combined to strikeout 8 times tonight. The Reds simply strikeout too much. They have way too many strikeout guys.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    297

    Re: How can any manager bat Stubbs, Bruce and Phillips 1,3 &4?

    Quote Originally Posted by 44Magnum View Post
    They are a pitchers top of the order dream. They are all prone to strikeout. Those 3 combined to strikeout 8 times tonight. The Reds simply strikeout too much. They have way too many strikeout guys.
    Gotta play what you brung.

    That's all he had to work with.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    242

    Re: How can any manager bat Stubbs, Bruce and Phillips 1,3 &4?

    BP is the best four hole hitter we have.

    He produced there earlier in the year for the first time in his career, not only till he was moved back to the two hole, then back to the four hole before he started to struggle a bit.

    Pick a lineup and stick with it.

  5. #4
    got alil captain in u?
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bridgeport Ohio
    Posts
    4,839

    Re: How can any manager bat Stubbs, Bruce and Phillips 1,3 &4?

    Who else would you like to bat there lewis, frazier, hernandez. Sometimes the criticism of dusty is warranted but this right here is ludacris those were the best three hitters he had in the lineup last night whether you choose to believe it or not.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25