Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rockies willing to deal Jiminez

I Love JESUS

Rockies willing to deal Jiminez

Credit: MLBTradeRumors

The price on Jimenez hasn't dropped at all, writes ESPN's Jayson Stark. *He says the Rockies require "three sure-thing young players, including one pitcher who goes into their rotation immediately." *One executive who spoke with the Rockies pegs the chances of a deal at no more than 25 percent. The Rockies "recently held a two-hour internal conference call to go over the trade alternatives" for Jimenez, writes SI's Jon Heyman. Rockies beat writer Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post counters Morosi, saying "chances remain slim" of a Jimenez trade. *He says the Rockies "continue to listen and negotiate with multiple teams regarding Jimenez, with the Reds receiving the most attention," but in general Colorado's demands are so high that no team is expected to bite. *Renck says the Rockies have asked the Reds for Devin Mesoraco, Aroldis Chapman, and Chris Heisey, among others. *In an email exchange with MLBTR, Renck clarified that the Rockies asked for Mesoraco and Chapman together while Heise

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Rockies willing to deal Jiminez

This has already been posted in the thread called "Trade News".
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

I wouldnt trade Chap or Mes for him, let alone both and one more. Rocks can keep him.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I wouldnt trade Chap or Mes for him, let alone both and one more. Rocks can keep him.
    I agree, I'd like to see a trade deadline splash as much as anyone but that's ridiculous. Im sure he is available if that's what they're asking for him.

noooooooooooooooooooooo! This would be a horrible trade

Do you guys consider Homer to be "untouchable?" His name has been thrown around in Ubaldo trades, but I don't want to see him leave. He's still young, cheap, and in the past year, effective with flashes of brilliance. As someone on ORG pointed out, Ubaldo is a guy that is *sort of* trending down and Homer is a guy who is trending up. I don't think a package that includes Homer and a few others is making much of an upgrade. He does have health issues, but how much does that worry you?

Untouchable: Votto, Bruce, Cueto, Mez, Chapman, Leake, I'd almost add Cozart to this list now. I think Bailey belongs here, but I was wondering what others thought.

what do you think?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

May have missed this here, but I just saw Boster Olney on ESPN.

He says that many GMs out there said they thought the Rox were just throwing Jiminez's name out there to see if someone would offer up something totally outrageous. Several GMs have told him now that they believe the Rox are totally committed to moving him this year by the deadline.

Reason being that Colorado is more worried about the 2-3 mph drop on his fastball than they let on. They feel like they need to move him now while they may still get get a permium return, rather than receive litte at all a year from now.

The drop in velocity is the one reason I have been against going all-out for him. Love Ubaldo, but would hate to see a deal that would blow up in our face. - off of The ORG
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Verlanders fastball dropped to 92-94mph in I think 2009.....everyone claimed he was done. He made a few adjustments and voila, back ti being a cy young candidate. Not saying that's the norm but I would like I see a full clean bill of health on jimenez if we deal for him. If he is healthy then try to work with him on that FB, he has the stuff to be nasty.

Turn Off Ads?