Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramon next?

Ramon next?

First Gomes, next Ramon, then Cordero? Then let the buying begin!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ramon next?

After that can we trade Bruce's bat?? It never seems to get a hit.

this was just posted

Ramon Hernandez of the Reds is "not on the block," according to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle (on Twitter).

I was hoping we'd see Ramon moved and Mes moved up. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Devin can do.

Brian Mccan just went on the DL with strained oblique. Possibility?

I for one would hate to see Hernandez go. He is probably the most consistent bat other than Votto. Meso is good, really good, but I hate to see one of the only guys that produced so far gone.

On FSO last night they said the Giants had two scouts in attendance. More than likely to watch Beltran and not Hernandez however.

As much as I would hate to see Hernandez go... his value has probably never been higher. Even with projecting as a Type A FA you run the risk that he'll accept arbitration next year.

I think you get what you can now and go ahead and call up Mes. Walt has already said that Mes is untouchable... might as well see what he can do.

I think a big part of Hernandez value, other than his consistent bat is his ability to probably more effectively communicate w/our non-English speaking pitchers (Cueto/Chapman).

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dcameron24 View Post
    On FSO last night they said the Giants had two scouts in attendance. More than likely to watch Beltran and not Hernandez however.

As much as I would hate to see Hernandez go... his value has probably never been higher. Even with projecting as a Type A FA you run the risk that he'll accept arbitration next year.

I think you get what you can now and go ahead and call up Mes. Walt has already said that Mes is untouchable... might as well see what he can do.
    Well it says alot that I like Ramon and he has done an excellent job for the Reds. But he will never be worth more with the Giants needing someone to replace Posey, and possibly with the news of Brian McCann going down with injury. And Hernandez being a free agent at the end of the year makes it even more worthwhile.

I appreciate Ramon and wish him the best if he does get traded. Hopefully no hard feelings and everyone realizes it's just business.

Quote Originally Posted by vottofan4life View Post
    Brian Mccan just went on the DL with strained oblique. Possibility?
    I thought about Atlanta with Cordero, potentially. 2 of their top 3 relievers are lefties as opposed to righties, and their bullpen is one of the most used.

I hope they don't trade Hernandez or Coco. That would signal a firesale and giving up on this season. While I think they've got a tough row to hoe to win the division, they are not so far out I'm willing to give up.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Quote Originally Posted by mikdavrut View Post
    I think a big part of Hernandez value, other than his consistent bat is his ability to probably more effectively communicate w/our non-English speaking pitchers (Cueto/Chapman).
    Absolutely a great point here. The communication help that Ramon provides these guys is invaluable, IMO.

As for a potential trade, I would love to see someone take Hanigan from us and bring Mesoraco up. Then, I would love to see the Reds offer Ramon a 1-2 year extension if the price is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Absolutely a great point here. The communication help that Ramon provides these guys is invaluable, IMO.

As for a potential trade, I would love to see someone take Hanigan from us and bring Mesoraco up. Then, I would love to see the Reds offer Ramon a 1-2 year extension if the price is right.
    I wouldn't mind extending Ramon IF Mes was the starter next year. Hernandez would be a great mentor for Mes. I just worry that Dusty wouldn't give Mes the time he deserves if Hernandez is on the roster...

Quote Originally Posted by mr. red View Post
    I just worry that Dusty wouldn't give Mes the time he deserves if Hernandez is on the roster...
    I'm sure that would absolutely be true.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Some Giants people believe the Reds will deal Ramon Hernandez for a pitcher, according to Schulman (on Twitter).

I would ask for that lefty Eric Surcamp straight up!

Turn Off Ads?