The Pirates filed a protest with Major League Baseball over the 'controversial' ending to the 19-inning game in Atlanta last night.

For those that didn't see or hear about it, a ball was hit to third with one out and a runner at third. The Pirates went home on the play and the catcher tried a swipe tag of the runner. The umpire called the runner safe for the winning run, believing the tag was missed completely.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/68...19-inning-loss

Personally, I have been having a hard time to get outraged about this one. I've watched this thing a half-dozen times and there is no point in the replays I've seen where I can definitively make out the glove coming in contact with the runner. I think the right call was made, personally.

The best vantage point of the above video is pausing it at 36 seconds in and going forward or back a frame. You can see the shadows of the glove against the runner's thighs, but you can't tell for certain if the glove is coming in contact with the knee. I could see an argument made for it... but it's not conclusive.

At very least, I don't think it's as obvious as the Pirates are making it sound.