Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Disregarding how bad the Reds are for a second...

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Disregarding how bad the Reds are for a second...

... it's been a long time since I've seen a team come in over four days and knock the cover off the ball like the Mets have this week. Every AB results in hard contact somewhere. I halfway expect to see "Hernandez" and "Strawberry" and "Carter" and "Mitchell" on these guys' backs.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Disregarding how bad the Reds are for a second...

I don't understand why everyones saying that the reds are done just because this homestand... I remember when Ohio State droped from 1st to 12th then 2 weeks later became number 1 again and went to the BCS champ game... It ain't over until the fat lady sings

Quote Originally Posted by abish1572 View Post
    I don't understand why everyones saying that the reds are done just because this homestand... I remember when Ohio State droped from 1st to 12th then 2 weeks later became number 1 again and went to the BCS champ game... It ain't over until the fat lady sings
    because they are going to be 6.5 games out behind THREE other teams in the division, not one. you have to have st louis, mil and pit all go flat for about two weeks WITH the Reds actually putting 4-5 wins in a row together to get back in it. when's the last time they've won 4-5 in a row? i think the first 5 games of the season - there's not that much time left. stick a fork in them for 2011 and hope that they sell off a couple valuable players to get some help for next year.

even if they are done theres next yr.

Stick a fork in this season. The fact the Reds hesitated to do any moves that would improve the team until months after they should have (Cozart being promoted, Gomes being traded away for one of the Louisville crew to take over, allowing Volquez to take a big **** on the mount every 5 days and throw the offense under the bus).

They fooled the entire fanbase into thinking they were going to make a big deal to swing the team towards the playoffs and it never came to fruition and suddenly we're sellers. If this team was more proactive in the market, we could still be in this thing instead we're going to finish behind the Pirates. THE PIRATES!

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Stick a fork in this season. The fact the Reds hesitated to do any moves that would improve the team until months after they should have (Cozart being promoted, Gomes being traded away for one of the Louisville crew to take over, allowing Volquez to take a big **** on the mount every 5 days and throw the offense under the bus).

They fooled the entire fanbase into thinking they were going to make a big deal to swing the team towards the playoffs and it never came to fruition and suddenly we're sellers. If this team was more proactive in the market, we could still be in this thing instead we're going to finish behind the Pirates. THE PIRATES!
    If we don't watch out -- the Scrubs will closer to us than we are to the Pirates
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

If we finish behind the Cubs, I'm going to be pissed. How can we go from dominating the division last year to having to fear the Cubs over taking us in August?

Something is very very wrong in that clubhouse. This team has absolutely no confidence and they haven't done a damn thing to really improve the team in over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by abish1572 View Post
    I didn't say that, but I could make a strong case for it based on MUCH MORE than this homestand. The Reds have won back-to-back games one time in about 2 months. Nobody in contention does that. Period.

As for the football analogy - apples & oranges. Plus, NCAA plays for a mythical championship. You can't make your way to the playoffs in MLB via polls.

Back to my original subject... This wasn't intended as another "Reds stink" topic. I was just commenting on how ridiculously hot the Mets' bats became when they rolled into Cincinnati. It was almost laughable, given what they've done all season long.

I think the true problem is LEADERSHIP (no I dont mean the coaching staff). I think we need vertern player who is loud and in your face. We need someone on the field that will demand only the highest level of play and light a fire under some of these young players when needed. From what I see we dont have anyone remotely close to that. All of our vets that have been around the league for awhile are laid back mild mannered types.

Jonny Gomes was the glue. Only if dusty had used him right....
    Let's make some noise!

I thought the Mets would come in like the proverbial sacrificial lamb and roll over. At least be in disarray. They truly played like a team that wanted to win, not pack it in.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post

Funny how the Pirates are getting it done with THEIR young players,who THEY decided to give a chance.Really they did not have much of a choice with their payroll.But my point is,the Pirates youth have helped them out bigtime this year,while we have top of the line players just sitting in AAA.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Turn Off Ads?