Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ocho Cinco to the Patriots

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: Ocho Cinco to the Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    This makes me ill.

There is no team in professional sports I hate more than the Patriots. I'm a diehard Colts fan and this makes their road go from very hard to super hard.
    You've seen Chad play the last couple of years right? He isn't the same player he was, aside from his massive ego. Joseph to the Texans concerns me as a Colts fan much more than Chad does.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Joseph to the Texans REALLY hurts. He was our best corner, by far IMO. Leon Hall is ok, but Joseph was the rock of that secondary. Typical Bengals. They're a TON under the cap, yet Joseph still gets away. Unbelievable.

I could care less about losing Ocho. That move came six years too late. He should've been shown the road when he threw a punch at halftime of the 2005 playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    You've seen Chad play the last couple of years right? He isn't the same player he was, aside from his massive ego. Joseph to the Texans concerns me as a Colts fan much more than Chad does.
    It's Ochocinco AND Haynesworth that makes me ill. There's no denying this makes the Patriots better than they were yesterday. And I fully expect that now that Ochocinco is in a better situation he will try harder and thrive more.

Joseph to the Texans sucks too, but I don't know why, I'm still not scared of the Texans even though they have gotten MUCH better the last few years.

Can't help but wonder if Carson Palmer might not still be a Bengal had this move come earlier.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    A pick this year?? Is there another draft coming up this year?
    Knowing the Bengals they traded him for supplemental draft picks
    Go Gators!

I hope Chad gets to win some playoff games. An all time great Bengal, even if a lot of fans don't want to admit it.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/...ded-to-texans/

Joseph told The Houston Chronicle of the decision: “It’s very, very, very hard to be leaving Cincinnati. They drafted me and gave me my chance. But right now I’m looking ahead with the Texans and not looking back.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Look at the bright side, we're going to be legit contenders in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I hope Chad gets to win some playoff games. An all time great Bengal, even if a lot of fans don't want to admit it.
    My problem with Chad went beyond his numbers. He was an awful leader, and make no mistake, he was one of the leaders of this bunch. He pouted, he quit, he slouched, he threw others under the bus, he threw punches at coaches. He'll fit perfectly in NE and I wish him the best, he's a good man. But for the last several years he's been a very overrated player.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    My problem with Chad went beyond his numbers. He was an awful leader, and make no mistake, he was one of the leaders of this bunch. He pouted, he quit, he slouched, he threw others under the bus, he threw punches at coaches. He'll fit perfectly in NE and I wish him the best, he's a good man. But for the last several years he's been a very overrated player.
    He's a good man but a pouter, a quitter, fighter, and poor teamate?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    He's a good man but a pouter, a quitter, fighter, and poor teamate?
    Correct. I think his intentions are well. He's not a TO, IMO. But on the field, I don't want to go to war with Chad Ochocinco. The guy doesn't handle adversity well. Calling him a quitter was a mistake on my part. I just think he gets discouraged too easily and loses focus.

The leaders should have been the QB and HC/coordinators. Carson, Marvin, and Brat all could have managed Chad better. It's not like having a diva WR on the roster is something unique.

Ultimately, I don't blame Chad for the quitting or pouting any more than I blame Carson for retiring. I honestly don't think it would have happened if he played for a real football team.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

It was only seven years ago, Chad, Carson etc. were going to lead the Bengals to the promised land. That dynasty certainly fell flat on its face. Two winning seasons, two playoff appearances, zero wins. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    While true one thing he has always done well with a good QB is eat a cover 2 for breakfast, he will help the Pats vs. the Colts.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Same here. Chad was often misunderstood off the field. I didn't mind anything he did with one small exception. His unwillingness or inability to focus at times made him screw up on the field. Way more stupid penalties for a WR than one would think possible and some costly drops at important times. Aside from that Chad was a good person and player who meant well and all the players know it even if the fans and media can't figure it out.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?