Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Re: How bad are the Bengals going to be next year?

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    His latest tweet now says its not happening
    Probably because he tweeted it in the 1st place.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Looks like Willie tried from what he told Hobson. Anderson sent a long message to Carson about still having the desire to play even after 3 seasons of being retired. He also highlighted the Bengals exciting young players while also taking time to pint out that Chad is gone. Looks like the Bengals and Palmer talked but neither side got anything done.

Time to move on, wish he would have come back for the season and played well so we could have dealt him for a better pick. No way Brown would move him for anything but a 1st or 2nd round pick, too much $$$$ cash invested in Carson to settle for less.

On a positive note AJ Green has wowed at camp so far and Dalton seems to be performing pretty well for a rookie.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

The question asked in the thread title sounds like one thats setting up for a punchline.

So here goes...

How bad will they be?

They will be so bad, the Cleveland Browns (kal's team) will actually be 1-0 this year.

Solomon Wilcots and Jim Miller were out at camp today and a few folks from Bengals.com highlighted what was said:

Jim Miller and Wilcots both said we could easily be the big sleeper team in the AFC North and AFC. That we have all of the weapons...our schedule starts off easy and that the first 3 games are very winnable. They were very impressed with all of our offseason acquisitions...they were very impressed with Dalton...said he was passing the ball all around the field with quick throws and the ball hardly every touched the ground...the raved about all of his young weapons, they kept raving about Simpson and AJ...loved our o-line and Whitworth and Smith at Tackles....said Smith looks great.

Nate Clements laughed when asked about how good AJ Green already is...he said he is really good and could see AJ being one of the best in the league.

They said that Rey M looks great in the middle and they love the additions of Lawson and Howard at LB. They said they think Clements is a good replacement for JJ...even though they, we and the Bengals are upset they lost him.
    I think no more than 4 wins but they should be fun to watch at times with all the athletes they have on offense. Though I do think Dalton will be running for his life most of the time.

I was at camp today, and AJ Green is a monster. I can't really say enough about how imposing he is physically. I know rookie receivers generally struggle, but my expectations are sky high after seeing him in person.

Jerome Simpson made a ridiculous catch over Leon Hall about five feet in front of me at one point. He and AJ look like they are getting along well also. I think the Bengals receivers are going to be a fun group to watch this year.

Andre Smith looks really healthy. Like a normal lineman, not overly fat anymore.

Lot of banged up guys for it being so early. Kind of wonder if Bernard Scott is ever going to stay healthy.

Dalton looked good to me, but who knows. In QB play nothing really stood out except Palmer who looked pretty bad, but it's just one day.

Took my 3.5 year old little guy and lots of Bengals were really friendly about signing his football pennant after practice, he loved it. If you have kids I'd recommend going down to Georgetown. Even if it's to watch a 3-13 football team get ready it's still a great experience. Most intimate way you'll ever get to experience NFL football.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I was at camp today, and AJ Green is a monster. I can't really say enough about how imposing he is physically. I know rookie receivers generally struggle, but my expectations are sky high after seeing him in person.

Jerome Simpson made a ridiculous catch over Leon Hall about five feet in front of me at one point. He and AJ look like they are getting along well also. I think the Bengals receivers are going to be a fun group to watch this year.

Andre Smith looks really healthy. Like a normal lineman, not overly fat anymore.

Lot of banged up guys for it being so early. Kind of wonder if Bernard Scott is ever going to stay healthy.

Dalton looked good to me, but who knows. In QB play nothing really stood out except Palmer who looked pretty bad, but it's just one day.

Took my 3.5 year old little guy and lots of Bengals were really friendly about signing his football pennant after practice, he loved it. If you have kids I'd recommend going down to Georgetown. Even if it's to watch a 3-13 football team get ready it's still a great experience. Most intimate way you'll ever get to experience NFL football.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I think the first series sums it up. Thats right, one preseason series and I've decided how the whole season will go.

Game over man, game over.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Yeah, I normally don't take anything away from preseason games, but with how low my expectations are this season, and how porous that defensive series was, I can't help to think that's a glimpse into our season.

Welcome to the NFL Andy Dalton.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Welcome to the NFL Andy Dalton.

It's going to be a long, long, long season. Hopefully my fantasy team doesn't suck this bad.

I still wonder why anyone in Cincinnati supports this team.

Oh, I forgot. Cincy has a lot of 'superfans.'

Well yeah that was pretty bad haha. Dalton looked nervous to start which is understandable, I thought he settled down and made some nice throws after that though. It was just his first game. The defense got shredded though, yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Well yeah that was pretty bad haha. Dalton looked nervous to start which is understandable, I thought he settled down and made some nice throws after that though. It was just his first game. The defense got shredded though, yikes.
    Dalton - 15 pass attempts, only 69 yards
    Gradkowski - 11 attempts, 53 yards

I'm not sure that type of "dink and dunk" offense will ever be effective even when he "first game" excuse is gone.

For a team that had so much trouble last year (4-12) to start its first game this year so unprepared was very disappointing. Did they coaching staff not hear that the lockout ended 2 weeks ago?

I hope I'm just overreacting to a meaningless preseason game. I don't really care about the loss, but I admit that how it occurred does bother me. Given this franchise's history thought, I'm not sure I am overreacting.

Uggh.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Dalton - 15 pass attempts, only 69 yards
    Gradkowski - 11 attempts, 53 yards

I'm not sure that type of "dink and dunk" offense will ever be effective even when he "first game" excuse is gone.

For a team that had so much trouble last year (4-12) to start its first game this year so unprepared was very disappointing. Did they coaching staff not hear that the lockout ended 2 weeks ago?

I hope I'm just overreacting to a meaningless preseason game. I don't really care about the loss, but I admit that how it occurred does bother me. Given this franchise's history thought, I'm not sure I am overreacting.

Uggh.
    Well it's to be expected. Keep in mind, there are a lot of fresh faces trying to learn Zimmer's defense, and Zimmer said himself the other day he was going to keep things VERY simple because of that fact. Also, Jay Gruden is installing a brand new offense with a rookie QB. It's unquestionably going to take some time. I wouldn't read too much into this one game, I think they're better than THAT. Although still pretty bad .

Turn Off Ads?