Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Re: How bad are the Bengals going to be next year?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Eh, looks like Uncle Al bailed you guys out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Eh, looks like Uncle Al bailed you guys out.
    Yeah, once he saw Pryor's 40 speed, we all should have assumed...

Wow 3rd round pick for Pryor.
    That also leaves the Raiders without a 2nd, 3rd or 4th round pick in the 2012 draft. Al Davis everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    NFL teams can cut players, generally speaking, in the middle of a contract. So why shouldn't players be able to quit in the middle too?
    They can and do but they have to suffer the consequences. Barry Sanders did. In CP's case he can too but he's still controlled by the Bengals. What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    It's his second game ever at this level, what do you expect?

If he can manage to not be taken off the field in an ambulance by the end of the season he's doing pretty good.
    I wasn't implying that he should look like Joe Montana, just making an observation. I'd actually like to see Gruden ease him into the game more, maybe some swing passes and/or screens. Just something like that. He was solid after that horrible start even tho his receivers didn't do him any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Wow 3rd round pick for Pryor.
    That also leaves the Raiders without a 2nd, 3rd or 4th round pick in the 2012 draft. Al Davis everyone!
    Wow, what a complete idiot. I'm glad I'm not a fan of the Raiders. Oh wait, I'm a Bengals fan.....
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Well, the Bengals went from absolutely pathetically bad in week #1 to average garden-variety bad in week 2 so I guess that's progress.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Wow, what a complete idiot. I'm glad I'm not a fan of the Raiders. Oh wait, I'm a Bengals fan.....
    I've gone back and forth about which would be worse. While Al Davis has completely lost his mind, he still has shown a willingness to spend money to try and put a winner on the field, even if those efforts are misguided. I'm not sure you can say the same about the Bengals.

And on a slightly more morbid angle, with Al Davis starting to look like the cryptkeeper from Tales of the Crypt there is the possibility that he may pass on sooner rather than later and the team may be taken over by somebody at least semi-competent. Mike Brown is going to live forever and when he does finally pass on we can look forward to his daughter and son-in-law continuing to run the franchise in the same backward manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    This has to be the worse team in the NFL. Not only do they lack talent on both sides of the ball, but their miscues are borderline hilarious. I tuned in for a few minutes and see that the Bengals are 3rd and 27 from their 1.
    And do you know why that was?

Had it been 3rd and 28, it would have been a safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Its gonna be a long long season.

Retired in California - YouTube
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    I've gone back and forth about which would be worse. While Al Davis has completely lost his mind, he still has shown a willingness to spend money to try and put a winner on the field, even if those efforts are misguided. I'm not sure you can say the same about the Bengals.

And on a slightly more morbid angle, with Al Davis starting to look like the cryptkeeper from Tales of the Crypt there is the possibility that he may pass on sooner rather than later and the team may be taken over by somebody at least semi-competent. Mike Brown is going to live forever and when he does finally pass on we can look forward to his daughter and son-in-law continuing to run the franchise in the same backward manner.
    There is not doubt which is worse. The Bengals, there is no end in sight until people start making a stand, and force the NFL to do something. That's why I applaud Carson Palmer, for saying "enough is enough". And if you finish last I hope Andrew Luck does too.

Bengals make a deal for S Taylor Mays according to ESPN. Hopefully Coyle can get something out of him.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    There is not doubt which is worse. The Bengals, there is no end in sight until people start making a stand, and force the NFL to do something. That's why I applaud Carson Palmer, for saying "enough is enough". And if you finish last I hope Andrew Luck does too.
    The NFL will do nothing about Mike Brown and his ilk. It's going to take the rest of the league to put pressure on him. However since the rest of the league is making money hand over fist nothing will get done.

Like I have said previously Carson shouldn't have taken the contract extension back a few years ago if he wanted to take a stand. He knows this franchise and he knew full well what he was agreeing to by staying here. Carson quit plain and simple.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post

Honestly, I think the Bengals are worse. Al Davis really wants to win, and he's mad as heck when he doesn't. He just makes bad decisions. Brown could care less if he wins or not, it's all about the bottom line. He knows what it takes to win and refuses to do it. A perfect example of this is not trading Chad when you could of gotten a 1st round pick for him a season or 2 ago and not trading Palmer when you could of improved the team in a couple of positions. He would rather let both go and get nothing in return.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by ervinsm84 View Post
    Its gonna be a long long season.

[www.youtube.com/Retired in California
    Sign that guy up for a contract (with Columbia). That was very well done and quite clever...

Turn Off Ads?