Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Re: How bad are the Bengals going to be next year?

Luckily for Brown's fans, there's a viable excuse.

"They quick snapped us," Shurmur said. "I'll have to watch the tape, but it's my understanding they changed personnel, lined up and then quick snapped. There's rules that go along with that, so we'll see. My understanding is when the offense changes personnel, the defense is allowed to do so as well and have time to do it."

"It's kind of frustrating, but in my eyes some of those calls are questionable," he said. "The biggest thing is do not let this game trickle over into a whole season. That would be the most frustrating thing."

It's always something with this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post

"They quick snapped us," Shurmur said. "I'll have to watch the tape, but it's my understanding they changed personnel, lined up and then quick snapped. There's rules that go along with that, so we'll see. My understanding is when the offense changes personnel, the defense is allowed to do so as well and have time to do it."

"It's kind of frustrating, but in my eyes some of those calls are questionable," he said. "The biggest thing is do not let this game trickle over into a whole season. That would be the most frustrating thing."

Wait, the Bengals offense did something unexpected and unpredictable?

I can get used to this.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Wait, the Bengals offense did something unexpected and unpredictable?
    Yeah, they won.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Yeah, they won.
    Nicely played there, LOL

Happy to see the Bengals play well today and I hope Dalton is OK for the next game. They don't seem overly worried about him and I think I read that the X-rays were negative. This was one weird weekend of sports for me! The one team I figured would win barely did (Ohio State) and then the Bengals played like an actual real team and won their game. Go figure, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

I don't care if a majority of the Brown's D was still in the huddle, IMO, there is no viable excuse for the defense to not be on the guard and ready. None whatsoever because the offense controls the ball (snap).

Bengals won the 1st and 4th quarters. Browns won the 2nd and 3rd. And while there were some bright spots, it was a really blah game to watch (as I expected). I told a buddy that whoever is least penalized, and makes the least mistakes would win this one. We made tons of stupid mistakes in the 1st and 4th quarters.

My brother, who is a Bengals fan, was getting very frustrated as we watched the game. I told him to relax, you're only down 17-13, and the Browns find ways to lose in the last 5 minutes. They never disappoint me.

The SQUEALERS got totally humiliated. So I came home very happy!
    Last edited by GAC; 09-12-2011 at 06:33 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I agree GAC, was really surprised at the discipline of the Bengals. Perhaps it was just comparatively speaking, but the Bengals just didn't make that killer mistake they are known for.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

My thoughts on the game:

-The offense came out with a game plan and executed it. It was refreshing to see that and refreshing to see it work.

-Only one bad TO, one questionable challenge. It was a good day for Marvin.

-Palmer has gobs more talent than Gradkowski but doesn't make that play late in the 4th. What a heady play by Bruce and the Bengals.

-Gradkowski is the type of QB who if you let hang in the game will make a play to beat you. It doesn't make up for the Oakland or TB game but it still brought a smile to my face.

-I liked what I saw with Dalton. Executed a game plan, didn't make any rookie mistakes, had better control of the huddle than Carson ever had.

-I got excited when the announcer compared AJ Green to Andre Johnson. I was impressed with Green hanging in there. When the Browns cheated and screwed him out of a TD in the 1st half and with Hayden holding him up and down the field he stayed in the game.

-Dalton to Gresham looks like a nice combo.

-Now only if Simpson could catch the ball.

-One final comment, holy Dunlap.

The only thing I can say, the first game of the post drama era was a success. Glad to hear that the Dalton injury appears to be minor.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    My thoughts on the game:

-The offense came out with a game plan and executed it. It was refreshing to see that and refreshing to see it work.

-Only one bad TO, one questionable challenge. It was a good day for Marvin.

-Palmer has gobs more talent than Gradkowski but doesn't make that play late in the 4th. What a heady play by Bruce and the Bengals.

-Gradkowski is the type of QB who if you let hang in the game will make a play to beat you. It doesn't make up for the Oakland or TB game but it still brought a smile to my face.

-I liked what I saw with Dalton. Executed a game plan, didn't make any rookie mistakes, had better control of the huddle than Carson ever had.

-I got excited when the announcer compared AJ Green to Andre Johnson. I was impressed with Green hanging in there. When the Browns cheated and screwed him out of a TD in the 1st half and with Hayden holding him up and down the field he stayed in the game.

-Dalton to Gresham looks like a nice combo.

-Now only if Simpson could catch the ball.

-One final comment, holy Dunlap.
    Sorry, but that is just not true. Palmer had some darned good comebacks himself. People need to turn the page on him. He's certainly not the reason this team was losing the past few years.

Agreed Hebron,

In 2009 in particular, Carson Palmer made a ton of plays at the end of the game.
    I think he was every bit equivalent to Bruce Gradkowski the last few years, but that's not really a complement.

I think he was every bit equivalent to Bruce Gradkowski the last few years, but that's not really a complement.
    Are you speaking generally, or just in the sense of come from behind wins?

Last year, arguably Palmer's worst, he still threw for more yards and touchdowns than Gradkowski has had in his career. Even at Palmer's worst, there's just no comparison between the two.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Sorry, but that is just not true. Palmer had some darned good comebacks himself. People need to turn the page on him. He's certainly not the reason this team was losing the past few years.
    Not necessarily talking about that. I am talking about getting a team to the line quick, quick snapping the ball, and then converting on it. There were a lot of things that Carson was good at, controlling the huddle wasn't one of them. IMO he wasn't someone who was going to out smart the defense.

As for Carson the page is definitely turned. I am glad he is no longer a part of the organization. As as for last season, I think Carson was reason #1 why the team was so miserable. He wasn't the only reason, but he wasn't a very good QB.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Not necessarily talking about that. I am talking about getting a team to the line quick, quick snapping the ball, and then converting on it. There were a lot of things that Carson was good at, controlling the huddle wasn't one of them. IMO he wasn't someone who was going to out smart the defense.

As for Carson the page is definitely turned. I am glad he is no longer a part of the organization. As as for last season, I think Carson was reason #1 why the team was so miserable. He wasn't the only reason, but he wasn't a very good QB.
    like this?
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...yard-touchdown

I hate Carson with the fire of 1,000 suns. I am so glad that a$$ is gone. That said, I almost threw up when Gradkowski took the field.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    I agree. While Palmer has to accept some of it, there was a HUGE communication problem with some of his "selfish" receivers running bad or wrong routes. I kinda liked it whenever Carson would confront/call them out on it too.

I was very impressed with Dalton, and think he and AJ have a very bright future in Cincy.
    Last edited by GAC; 09-12-2011 at 04:27 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?