Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

2011 Bengals Discussion

Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis still leading the charge, rookie offensive coordinator, rookie quarterback, very questionable offensive line, and we just lost our best defensive player -- and shortened preparation time too boot! This has the makings of 2002 all over again...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How bad are the Bengals going to be next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis still leading the charge, rookie offensive coordinator, rookie quarterback, very questionable offensive line, and we just lost our best defensive player -- and shortened preparation time too boot! This has the makings of 2002 all over again...
    Carolina Panthers last season, mirror image.

The only saving grace might be the shortened preparation time. You mention the Bengals, but all 32 teams will suffer. This could early on be the sloppiest and most injury ridden season in NFL history as a result of the lockout.

My prediction is we end up getting the no 1 overall pick in the draft next season. We might be lucky to win one or two games, but we will be in prime position to take Andrew Luck. Andy Dalton will be this years Jimmy Clausen.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Lets do a fire sale

Likely bad enough to be able to draft Andrew Luck and then pass on him.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    We'll draft a WR over Luck

3 wins tops. Rinse. Repeat.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I see a Usain Bolt like sprint to 300 losses.

Well said
    Go BLUE!!!

If the Bengals were playing last year's schedule this year, there's a decent chance they'd go winless.

Nah. They'll seemingly have Luck wrapped up and then go and win the last two meaningless games to slide to the 2nd or 3rd pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Just Picture NYC and the Commissioner stepping up to the mic and saying "Welcome to the 2012 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals are on the clock"...

Couple minutes later:
    "The Cincinnati Bengals select Quarterback Andrew Luck from Stanford University".
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Just Picture NYC and the Commissioner stepping up to the mic and saying "Welcome to the 2012 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals are on the clock"...

Couple minutes later:
    "The Cincinnati Bengals select Quarterback Andrew Luck from Stanford University".
    Why would Luck, or anyone really, want to play for Mike Brown? If I was him, I'd demand my agent attempt some Eli Manning negotiating tactics. I think a career with the Toronto Argonauts would be more satisfying than one in orange and black.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Carolina Panthers last season, mirror image.
    Carolina had an established running back and wide receiver.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

2-14. They are going to be as bad as some of the awful teams of the late 90s and early 2000s. this team has the potential to go 0-16
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

The Bengals will be pretty bad this year, but they are playing the NFC west this year. Could lead to a few lucky wins. I can see a 5-11 season. I am banking on another top ten pick.

Turn Off Ads?