Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Re: How bad are the Bengals going to be next year?

Luck doesn't strike me as the type that won't sign, but Carson never seemed like a quitter either.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    It's like he is really nervous at the start of the game and then settles down. He read that blitz and audibled to the right play to Shipley.
    It's his second game ever at this level, what do you expect?

If he can manage to not be taken off the field in an ambulance by the end of the season he's doing pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Luck doesn't strike me as the type that won't sign, but Carson never seemed like a quitter either.
    Carson's not a quitter. Carson is making a stand for all of you.

Week 4 against Buffalo may just determine the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Carson's not a quitter. Carson is making a stand for all of you.
    He should have made that stand years ago by not taking all that up front money on a contract extension.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Week 4 against Buffalo may just determine the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.
    The 'Suck for Luck' sweepstakes!!!

I could see Luck pulling an Eli Manning for one reason:

His dad is Oliver Luck, a former NFL QB and current WVU Athletic Director. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get involved at some point similar to Archie Manning and try to influence where his son ends up.

Carson didn't have the family support of somebody who knows the NFL. Andrew does and I think it will be an impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

So do you think the Bengals will keep Pryor at QB or turn him into a TE/WR?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I could see Luck pulling an Eli Manning for one reason:

His dad is Oliver Luck, a former NFL QB and current WVU Athletic Director. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get involved at some point similar to Archie Manning and try to influence where his son ends up.

Carson didn't have the family support of somebody who knows the NFL. Andrew does and I think it will be an impact.
    Since the USFL folded there has been one player that has refused to sign with a team. I could be wrong here but I would say that there is about a 1% chance that Luck would refuse to sign with the team that drafted him. That was Eli Manning who had an ego the size of NY because of his dad and his brother. And if the Bengals would be so lucky to have Luck refuse to sign and get the better QB the way the Chargers got I would be happy. For all the hoopla that Eli brought around he he has been a league average QB while Rivers had become a top 5 QB.

FWIW I don't see the Bengals getting the #1 pick. The schedule is so bad they will win some games. Heck I was even somewhat impressed with the way they finished the 1st half when everything went against them from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    So I assume the NFL works like the MLB. If Bengals are worst record, an Luck decides he won't sign..... I assume Bengals lose his rights, and he goes to another team next year.
    Luck won't have to play the game of holdout. If he doesn't want to play for the Bengals (or any other team that drafts #1) he doesn't have to come out. He's only a junior this year

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Since the USFL folded there has been one player that has refused to sign with a team. I could be wrong here but I would say that there is about a 1% chance that Luck would refuse to sign with the team that drafted him. That was Eli Manning who had an ego the size of NY because of his dad and his brother. And if the Bengals would be so lucky to have Luck refuse to sign and get the better QB the way the Chargers got I would be happy. For all the hoopla that Eli brought around he he has been a league average QB while Rivers had become a top 5 QB.

FWIW I don't see the Bengals getting the #1 pick. The schedule is so bad they will win some games. Heck I was even somewhat impressed with the way they finished the 1st half when everything went against them from the get go.
    There's no reason to even make it that complicated. He can always stick around for his senior year like Peyton did

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    So do you think the Bengals will keep Pryor at QB or turn him into a TE/WR?
    Do the Bengals try to be the laughingstock of the league?

nm
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 08-22-2011 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Do the Bengals try to be the laughingstock of the league?
    Eh, looks like Uncle Al bailed you guys out.

He should have made that stand years ago by not taking all that up front money on a contract extension.
    NFL teams can cut players, generally speaking, in the middle of a contract. So why shouldn't players be able to quit in the middle too?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?