Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Re: How bad are the Bengals going to be next year?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Bengals trade Clinton McDonald to Seattle for Kelly Jennings

Ugh

I liked McDonald, if my memory is right Jennings is terrible
    McDonald is nice, but the Bengals have a lot of depth at DL and very little at CB. He would be behind Peko, Sims, Fanene, and Atkins at least. And Jennings should be a good 3rd CB with a lot of promise. He was once a 1st round pick, so the potential is there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bengals sign Hall for 4 more years. I liked J Joe better but Hall is a quality DB. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69...rs-sources-say

Also just extended Cook.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

No complaints on the extensions.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Ugh. Not a big fan of Cook. Maybe it's because he's playing next to garbage in Bobbie Williams and Nate Livings, but I've never been that impressed with him. I suppose it's easy to think he's good when he replaced Guicheck, but I still miss the days when Braham was the center.

Oh swell....

@GeoffHobsonCin
    Geoff Hobson
    #Bengals lose RG Bobbie Williams for first 4 games for violating NFL policy on performance enhancing substances
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Oh swell....

@GeoffHobsonCin
    Geoff Hobson
    #Bengals lose RG Bobbie Williams for first 4 games for violating NFL policy on performance enhancing substances
    Someone let Bobbie know whatever he took isn't working.

Bengals claimed OL Mike McGlynn And TE Mickey Shuler; waived C Reggie Stephens And TE Chase Coffman.

Also cut Quan Cosby and signed Brandon Tate.

I'm bummed they cut Chase Coffman, I think he could have stretched the field and been helpful in 2 TE sets, but since Gresham will see a lot of balls maybe they just wanted blocking TEs as depth? Not sure.

Not sure I understand the Brandon Tate signing. Cosby was decent with punts, played on every special teams unit, and I personally like Bernard Scott returning kicks. But maybe Scott is going to have a bigger role in the running game and they want to keep him healthy, if it's for that reason I'm good with it.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I'm also disappointed to see Coffman go. I was hoping he would be an effective pass catching TE, but he never got any traction.

I actually like the Brandon Tate signing. He's a good kick returner with good receiving skills as well. He was a 3rd round pick 3 years ago and probably would have gone much higher if he hadn't gotten injured his senior year at UNC. Cosby was solid, but I think Tate provides everything Cosby could with a lot more upside.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Tate was a good sign. I actually think the Bengals can win 7 games this year.

Reds

Tate was a good sign. I actually think the Bengals can win 7 games this year.
    Ah for the glorious optimism of youth.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Bengals claimed OL Mike McGlynn And TE Mickey Shuler; waived C Reggie Stephens And TE Chase Coffman.

Also cut Quan Cosby and signed Brandon Tate.

I'm bummed they cut Chase Coffman, I think he could have stretched the field and been helpful in 2 TE sets, but since Gresham will see a lot of balls maybe they just wanted blocking TEs as depth? Not sure.

Not sure I understand the Brandon Tate signing. Cosby was decent with punts, played on every special teams unit, and I personally like Bernard Scott returning kicks. But maybe Scott is going to have a bigger role in the running game and they want to keep him healthy, if it's for that reason I'm good with it.
    Waived/released/did not complete signing Mickey Schuler (did not pass physical). Coffman made it to the practice squad.

I'm hoping they go after Donald Lee TE who was cut by Philly. He's a decent backup TE in a W/C who has some experience. A better fit than most out there. If not him I wish they would take a look at rookie TE Lee Smith waived by N.E. played at Marshall and is a big stout boy at 6' 6" and 270 lbs. They have one spot open and they are not assured to sign a TE for that spot according to Marvin but they do plan to fill it in the next day or so (at this point).
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 09-06-2011 at 08:40 AM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

i expect 1 to 3 wins . would like to see 9 or more wins but i'm not gonna lose any sleep over it . it's what happen when your a bengal fan for over 35 years .

Looking good so far, but wow the Browns are embarrassing 1 quarter in.

14-13 Browns

Turn Off Ads?