Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Re: How bad are the Bengals going to be next year?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Yep. Have to be encouraged overall by Dalton's day, though. It seemed like the coaches took the handcuffs off of him in the 2nd half.
    Hopefully they leave them off and take advantage of teams trying to stop Benson early in games.

2. Turn Off Ads?

1-1 heading into our first home game, I'll take it. I'm so impressed with Dalton, that sack was bad, but we gotta accept those rookie mistakes along the way.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Dalton and Green are impressive. The D has to do better against a crippled Denver O. Disappointing loss, but I think there is some talent on this team and they are gonna win some games.

I'm just refreshed by the sideline shots of the QB encouraging his teammates instead of watching Chad and Palmer yell at each other.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

A fun young team for sure. Throw them to the wolves this season and see how they mature yr number two. I would definitely grab a big guy like the Bills got in Dareus in the draft Peko ain't getting it done for me.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    A fun young team for sure. Throw them to the wolves this season and see how they mature yr number two. I would definitely grab a big guy like the Bills got in Dareus in the draft Peko ain't getting it done for me.
    Maybe they'll just play NFL football instead of the Schleprock whining like their fans do.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

I feel like Micheal Corleone when it comes to the Bengals. I keep trying to get out and they keep pulling me back in.

I liked how the young Bengals offense never quit despite being down on the road. I feel much better watching a young Andy Dalton rallying the troops in a hostile environment than I would with a disheartened Carson Palmer trying to make due.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I've had a rough sports weekend (only one of my teams won this weekend and that was my high school's football team, LOL) but I'm encouraged by the Bengals today. A few mistakes but some REALLY good stuff to build on too. I am liking Andy Dalton a lot and our receivers seem to be clicking pretty good with him too. This team may not win a ton of games but we can't say we aren't entertained by them. I may actually try to go to a game this year so I can see them in person. Not that I want to give Mike Brown money but I really want to cheer these young guys on this year.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    He's so inconsistent. But according to Beuerlein, it was Dalton's fault.
    In defense of Beuerlein, Lapham on the radio blamed it on Dalton too, throwing off his back foot and behind the receiver

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Bengals had a chance but Dalton took a sack he couldn't afford to take followed by 2 incomplete passes.
    That was by far his biggest rookie mistake and all things considered, that's not half bad

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I would definitely grab a big guy like the Bills got in Dareus in the draft Peko ain't getting it done for me.
    They've got a big guy right now on the practice squad in Jason Shirley. If they decide that's what they need then they ought to give him a chance first and see what they got

Need somebody to plug the holes no way Mcgahee should be rushing for 100 yds on anyone. However Zimmer loves him some Peko! Overall should be a roller coaster ride of a season, in a fun way.

Love Gruden but would love his calls more if we could pick up a first down in short ydg situations.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I'm shocked to say this, but I was thoroughly impressed with the Bengals today. I'm very surprised with Dalton. He's actually good. And Green is going to be awesome.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

I expected the Bengals to completely suck this year. They don't. They had a good shot to take down a decent team on the road today and came up a touch short. The Bengals as we know them would have rolled over when giving up that touchdown in the 4th quarter. This team didn't. Dalton has shown that he has maturity beyond his years, throws an accurate ball and makes good decisions. A.J. Green appears worthy of the 4th pick. There's plenty to build on, even if this year doesn't take them to the promised land. I don't think any Bengals fan can be anything but hopeful with what we've seen so far, even with today's result.
    Last edited by paintmered; 09-18-2011 at 09:39 PM.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

That was a fun game.

Still remains to be seen how good Dalton will be, but in my wildest hopes I wouldn't have expected him to play so well so soon. And AJ Green is as advertised.

Sure helps gong forward if they have the QB and #1 WR positions locked down.

Carson Palmer tossing to Housh in California somewhere must be a ridiculously depressing scene.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I don't think any Bengals fan can be anything but hopeful with what we've seen so far, even with today's result.
    I'm actually happier after today's game than last weeks. After last week, I had no clue about this team. After today, I realized Dalton will be a very good QB for years to come. Much better than expected. After today, I realized Green will be a superstar. He's amazing. I'm pretty happy with this team and I couldn't be more surprised.

This team will win more games than I thought this year and could possibly be a .500 team.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Turn Off Ads?