Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Re: How bad are the Bengals going to be next year?

Well I guess you could say their careers are up in smoke. Thank you I will be here all week!
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Here is where I am simply confused beyond belief..... The police found 6 more pounds, scales and "packaging material" in the house as well. Yet NO ONE WAS ARRESTED. How is that even possible?
    The authorities probably figured playing for the Bengals was punishment enough.

I wouldn't write off these guys yet. Jamal Lewis was convicted of selling cocaine and he did four mos of jail time and no NFL suspension so far as I can recall. Pot is not punished nearly as harshly. We'll have to watch this play out. Let's hope their agent is working the phones right now to get them the best defense money can buy

It doesn't say a lot about what's going on between his ears. Who orders weed by mail?

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    It doesn't say a lot about what's going on between his ears. Who orders weed by mail?
    I'd say the USPS/FedEx/UPS all move a lot more drugs than anyone realizes. It's a fairly fail safe scenario, fake the return address and the person receiving has plausible deniability.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Better watch out Jerome, Omar is going to get you!

3 game suspension for Benson according to Mike Silver and PFT:

Cedric Benson gets three-game suspension
    Posted by Mike Florio on September 22, 2011, 4:26 PM EDT

Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports that Benson has been informed that he’ll be suspended three games. His appeal will be heard next Tuesday.

Benson will be permitted to play this weekend, when the Bengals host the 49ers. Silver writes on Twitter that, if the appeal isn’t successful, Benson will miss the games against the Bills, Jaguars, and Colts.

Benson was cited for assault of a former roommate during the lockout. He eventually resolved an assault charge from 2010 (for which he had been told he wouldn’t be suspended) and the more recent charge with a plea deal that resulted in a handful of days in jail, before the start of the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...me-suspension/

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Better watch out Jerome, Omar is going to get you!

Indeed!
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

How can Goodell suspend a player for something done while he wasn't an NFL employee? Not saying Benson doesn't deserve it, it just doesn't make sense.

The Bengals still remain more interesting off the field than on.
    "Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever" Redsland

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

Never easy for this franchise.

On top of everything else, AJ Green was limited in practice today because of a toe injury.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Rumors flying around about this Simpson situation, seems it could involve multiple players and ex players nothing substantiated yet. Not one to believe such things but Simpson hasn't been arrested yet, which leads me to believe he is singing like a canary in order to save his own skin.

We have seen dark days in Bengal Land this situation could be bringing darker clouds overhead for awhile. Too bad as I would rather be talking about Dalton and Green, than this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Rumors flying around about this Simpson situation, seems it could involve multiple players and ex players nothing substantiated yet. Not one to believe such things but Simpson hasn't been arrested yet, which leads me to believe he is singing like a canary in order to save his own skin.

We have seen dark days in Bengal Land this situation could be bringing darker clouds overhead for awhile. Too bad as I would rather be talking about Dalton and Green, than this nonsense.
    It really is mind-boggling. And sad. And something, as Bengals fans, we're far too familiar with.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

I think it's worth mentioning that Collins claims this was a case of wrong place, wrong time for him. This seems to be corroborated by Rob Sanders, Kenton County attorney who said the following:

“I am not aware of any evidence that would contradict Mr. Collins statement,” Sanders said. “Anyone who implied Mr. Collins was involved in criminal activity probably owes him an apology.”
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/...-his-attorney/
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Reedy acknowledges via a question posted on twitter that one of the rumors that are circulating strongly through the league is that this investigation involves more than Simpson and could include 7 current and former Bengals.

If it was just Jerome an arrest would have been made already. Drug investigations are about who supplied you and where else is this stuff going. Can't imagine what the fall out would be and I hope it isn't true.

Turn Off Ads?