Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Re: How bad are the Bengals going to be next year?

Bengals take a 6-3 lead and the defense rolls over and the 49ers take a 10-6 lead
    Bengals get the ball and Dalton quickly throws a pick

2. Turn Off Ads?

This franchise/team is just terrible. I don't care how many 'Can you root for the kids and not support Mike Brown' articles or philosophies there are out there.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Dalton had a chance to make up for it and throws behind Gresham for pick #2

Dalton finishes 17 for 32 for 157 yards

Going to be a lot of empty seats this season.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Even with Directv's Sunday Ticket I couldn't watch the Bengal's game due to the blackout rule and while I live in central Ohio I get my local channels via Dayton.

I guess I didn't miss much though as I followed it on NFL's Gameday Scorecard, and it looked pretty bland.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

1-2 and in last place by the end of September, so things on are on schedule it seems.

Time to let Marvin go, team is going no where this season no use in keeping loyalty to him. Make Zimmer HC and look for a new candidate after the end of the season.

Going to be games like this with a rookie QB. Not sure why anyone would feel much different about the team after today then after week 1 or week 2.

I'm not sure if the 49ers were just blanketing the wide receivers or what, but I wasn't thrilled with the play calling today. Seemed like night and day from last week to this week, or from the first series to the rest of the game.

I'm also really tired of running Cedric Benson into the line when it's first and goal from the 6 or 7.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Gruden doesn't seem like the type to dial down, I'm thinking Marvin is the one wanting a more conservative gameplan. But hey we are back in the Suck for Luck Sweeps!

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Gruden doesn't seem like the type to dial down, I'm thinking Marvin is the one wanting a more conservative gameplan. But hey we are back in the Suck for Luck Sweeps!
    We never left, we just wanted to believe we weren't in it. This teams gonna win 3-4 games no matter what it does out there.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Going to be games like this with a rookie QB. Not sure why anyone would feel much different about the team after today then after week 1 or week 2.

I'm not sure if the 49ers were just blanketing the wide receivers or what, but I wasn't thrilled with the play calling today. Seemed like night and day from last week to this week, or from the first series to the rest of the game.

I'm also really tired of running Cedric Benson into the line when it's first and goal from the 6 or 7.
    What about the play calling didn't you like? I came into the game expecting as much, S.F. isn't a porous defense. They are very good at stopping the run and mediocre at stopping the pass. But they have a very creative DC in Fangio and we have a bunch of youth catching the ball. I watched most of the game thru a live feed and Dalton didn't look as bad as the numbers suggest (though it was his worst game yet) nor did the playcalling seem to be the problem IMO. Execution would be the issue, alot of that by the WR's some of it by the O-Line and some of it by Dalton himself. Though in this case I'd have to give the defense and their play calls alot of the credit, they seemed to make the right calls and executed.

Running the ball kept us in this game but it all just wasnt' enough to win.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Yeah going into the season I knew there would be bumps on the road for Dalton. After week 1 and 2 it changed a little bit, but it shouldn't have. He'll only get better after days like today...he just seems like the kinda guy that will work to correct today's mistakes.

Play calling was okay, San Fran has one of the best front 7 in all of football. We weren't going to run the ball with any consistency...we had to be able to protect Dalton though because their secondary can be thrown on. I remember seeing Andre Smith get run over pretty bad haha, it was ugly. I would have liked to see Bernard Scott a little more and maybe some screen passes, but it didn't seem like San Fran was needing more than their front 4 very often, so the screen game might not have really worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Yeah going into the season I knew there would be bumps on the road for Dalton. After week 1 and 2 it changed a little bit, but it shouldn't have. He'll only get better after days like today...he just seems like the kinda guy that will work to correct today's mistakes.

Play calling was okay, San Fran has one of the best front 7 in all of football. We weren't going to run the ball with any consistency...we had to be able to protect Dalton though because their secondary can be thrown on. I remember seeing Andre Smith get run over pretty bad haha, it was ugly. I would have liked to see Bernard Scott a little more and maybe some screen passes, but it didn't seem like San Fran was needing more than their front 4 very often, so the screen game might not have really worked.
    Well really the biggest issue (aside from execution) was the 9ers didn't respect us on the deep front and used that to their advantage, playing us short to intermediate. So from that perspective I understand why someone would think we played it too close to the vest and we did a bit but no team throws the ball deep more than a few times a game so we need to do a better job of stretching the field but so far that is something that Dalton isn't the greatest at and unfortunately I'm not sure if he will ever be able to consistently get it downfield. Had Gruden thrown it downfield a time or 2 more perhaps it would have changed the complexion of the game perhaps not but this is still a learning experience for him as well. Too soon to judge him at all really, he is getting alot out of what little he has to work with.

And yeah Ahmad Brooks destroyed Andre Smith and Andy Dalton all on one play. Too bad he isn't consistently good or we might have kept him.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    What about the play calling didn't you like?
    The goal line calls, as previously mentioned, mostly seemed low percentage. They also were having a great deal of success on quick throws the first series and then seemed to get away from it. Marvin even mentioned in the post game that they need to stick with what's working and that they got away from it.

It's impossible to talk play calling completely though, since I watched it in on tv. You can't tell on tv if receivers are covered consistently, which is why I said that in the last post about not being sure if they were covered all day or what.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Watching other teams TEs have huge days makes me wonder what Gresham would do if he was on a team that knew how to use a talented TE.

Turn Off Ads?