Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Re: How bad are the Bengals going to be next year?

In my mind, I just can't picture any scenario where this team wins more than 3 games. This season will set the fan base back 5 years. Blackouts galore!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    In my mind, I just can't picture any scenario where this team wins more than 3 games. This season will set the fan base back 5 years. Blackouts galore!

Music to my ears. Blackouts mean more chances for us Browns fans to watch more games from the comfort of our own homes.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

They might sell out the Pittsburgh and Cleveland games. Tough to see any others selling out, and those are maybes.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    That's league wide, not for individual teams.

http://twitter.com/#!/joereedy/status/97017895825063937

http://twitter.com/#!/joereedy/status/97018117175255040

I want this to be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not, mostly because I think it explains what the Bengals are doing.
    This is correct, league wide the cash spent has to be 99% of the salary cap of 120 million and some change over '11 & '12 (I take this last part to mean between '11 and '12, because in '12 season this drops to 95% of the cap). And because it's a soft cap (meaning some teams can spend up to 126 million and change due to some options they have for bonuses and what not) some teams like the Bengals don't have to spend as much because most others will spend at or over it. In '13 it goes team to team at 89%. That is it in a nutshell.

This is a tough pill for me to swallow right now.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Music to my ears. Blackouts mean more chances for us Browns fans to watch more games from the comfort of our own homes.
    How does a guy from Hamilton end up a Browns fan?
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Likely bad enough to be able to draft Andrew Luck and then pass on him.
    I think Luck and his father are intelligent enough to tell the Bengals to kick rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I think Luck and his father are intelligent enough to tell the Bengals to kick rocks.
    How many times has this happened in the draft? The two that I can remember are Eli and Elway 20 odd years ago. It doesn't happen often and I doubt Luck does that. As bad as the Bengals are Palmer won and had his chances to win here. IMO Palmer wasn't as successful as he wanted to be more because of him than what surrounded him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    How does a guy from Hamilton end up a Browns fan?
    I don't know, Mike Brown, maybe?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

If that deal about the basement is true, that it need only be met by the teams collectively, we are officially screwed. I will give this team one more year and then I'm moving on. I am somewhat encouraged to read that Joseph himself said we made a very competitive offer but just chose Houston because it offered a better chance to win now, but if we do nothing this off season but rearrange the chairs on the titanic, (Lutui, Howard, etc), then I am moving on. I have Jacksonville and Tampa Bay within 2 hours of me. Life's too short to wait on this trainwreck to fix itself.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Bengals will be Carolina bad this season! No running game, rookie QB, patch work offensive line, mediocre defense, all in all a big pile of suck!

Last year I vowed not to root for the Bengals and to be a fan of good football. So glad Mike Brown reinforced my decision to stay away
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I think you guys are not true Bengal fans I for one have allready brought my paper bag to wear during the games I think everyone should support the Bengalsthis way

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomred View Post
    I think you guys are not true Bengal fans I for one have allready brought my paper bag to wear during the games I think everyone should support the Bengalsthis way
    Why would you support the Bengals in any way? The organization doesn't care for you or any fan one iota, except to get your money.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

Quote Originally Posted by tomred View Post
    This.

My oldest asked for a Bengals jersey last year for Christmas. The had Owens, Ochocinco, Benson, and Palmer. I looked at it like they had a selfish donkey, a self promoting donkey, a guy with rage issues, and a washed up QB.

I might concede the point and get him an AJ Green jersey this year. I love that guy.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I've um heard that there are websites where you can get cheap jerseys that might be less than legit, but look pretty much identical.

http://yukijersey.com/en/index.asp

A friend of mine wouldn't have normally considered buying from a non-legit source like that normally, but it's an alternative to giving Brown money.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Mike Brown doesn't care about the fans. Why should I care about the team? They don't deserve this city's support, plain and simple. Cincinnati has never had an NBA team in my lifetime, so I've always been an NBA nomad. And I think that's in the near future in regards to the NFL.

Turn Off Ads?