Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Re: How bad are the Bengals going to be next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Not impressed with Gruden's play calling.
    Not easy conditions to call a game in. Especially with Dalton's arm strength. Mother Nature took our down field passing game away in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

And terrible safety play bites the Bengals once again.

Gotta hand it to Dalton, he's good when he needs to be.

3-2

Not bad eh?

Ugly but I'll take it. If the Bengals can upgrade the Oline and get a more explosive RB in the offseason, I think they have the makings of a really nice offense next season. Dalton and the young WR corp have been fun to watch this year.

The Bengals were definitely left for dead as everyone assumed they'd be one of the worst teams in the league. That's clearly not the case... the defense has been surprisingly good and the offense has a pretty nice ceiling.

The schedule is to be taken into account, but that's perhaps one reason why this team has a chance to surprise.

The loss of Shipley hurt, but the receiving core is deep enough to withstand it. I'd like to see more out of the running game too. The defense, though, definitely has surprised me. The line has been dominant (except for tackling as mentioned already). Like what I see out of this team.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

a win and 24 carries for Benson, but will that be enough to make him happy?

Based on what I saw in preseason and the low expectations, I couldn't be happier to be a bengals fan!!

Our offensive line is definitely the weak link, but I can't find it in myself to complain about an ugly win. Given the expectations I couldn't be happier. Dalton's poise is so impressive, a lot of rookies are gonna look like rookies with the game on the line.

I predicted three wins and they are already there. This team has one thing previous teams have lacked: discipline (at least on the field). I believe they can win the wide open AFC North with a few lucky bounces.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Our offensive line is definitely the weak link, but I can't find it in myself to complain about an ugly win. Given the expectations I couldn't be happier. Dalton's poise is so impressive, a lot of rookies are gonna look like rookies with the game on the line.
    Dalton is gonna' be a top-5 guy in this league before he's done, health-permitting. He's amazingly poised for a rookie. Heck, he's poised for a veteran. His passing skills are tremendous but I'm so impressed with his moxy.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I predicted three wins and they are already there. This team has one thing previous teams have lacked: discipline (at least on the field). I believe they can win the wide open AFC North with a few lucky bounces.
    I had them winning 6, hopefully they will prove me wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    a win and 24 carries for Benson, but will that be enough to make him happy?
    It sure does not make me happy. 53 freaking yards? Is this 1974? I think Larry Brown gained barely 3 yards a carry that year after a few years of 1000 yard seasons for the Redskins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    It sure does not make me happy. 53 freaking yards? Is this 1974? I think Larry Brown gained barely 3 yards a carry that year after a few years of 1000 yard seasons for the Redskins.
    He had no room to run today. Not defending Benson's little outbursts by any means, but every time he touched the ball, he had to elude a defensive lineman that was in the backfield. There were times I was surprised he made it back to the line of scrimmage.

As someone eluded to... offensive line is definitely the weak link to this team.

It's just so difficult for me to "buy into" or get excited about the Bengals...

Like when Charlie Brown goes time after time to try and kick that football only to end up on his back.

Turn Off Ads?