Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Palmer dealt to Oakland for a 2012 first round pick and a conditional 2013 pick which might end up being a first rounder...wow...am I dreaming?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Mike Brown is a freaking genius, there I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Palmer dealt to Oakland for a 2012 first round pick and a conditional 2013 pick which might end up being a first rounder...wow...am I dreaming?
    That is an absolute steal! I'll give Mike Brown some credit on that one.

Wow really? I haven't read any headlines today. If so that is an awesome deal.

Mike waited until a team was desperate and got way more than we could have ever dreamed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    If true its easily the best deal they could get since the Raiders want to take advantage of being a pretty good team right now that just needs a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Getting anything for Palmer would be a smart move. Which is why Mike Brown won't allow it.

Right now the Bengals have the worst home attendance in the league. I don't imagine that the weather in Dec/Jan will help.
    You sure about that? If reports are correct and the Bengals are poised to get a 1st rd plus another 1st rd then Mike Brown is not the idiot you and others have portrayed him to be. He's merely been waiting for someone to overpay and it looks like he found his sucker. It's time to praise MB for his handling of this situation

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I think it is time to contact the FBI and start the manhunt for Mike Brown. This can't be his doing.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

If true, Mike Brown played that brillantly. Given the shape of negotiations last off season, its doubtful anyone was offering anyone close to that type of deal on draft day, I can't even recall if deals were allowed, I think they weren't. I doubt anyone was offerring up anything remotely close to this at the start of training camps.

I wonder what the conditions are on the 2013 draft pick. Is it too much for me to dream of the Bengals netting a top 10 draft pick in the next 2 seasons, plus their own draft pick in the mid to late 20s. Combine that with a young developing QB, a solid receiving core and some solid talent on the defensive front and they're contending for a super bowl.

Mo Egger is reporting that several sites have said this deal is a done deal.

I had a feeling Oakland would be desperate with Jason Campbell going down. I thought they'd make us an offer we'd have to listen to.

What we got is more than I could have imagined. Seriously, this is such a great move by Mike. For Oakland I'm not so sure...if they can get the Carson of old it'll be great, if not it's the kinda trade that can set that franchise back for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I think it is time to contact the FBI and start the manhunt for Mike Brown. This can't be his doing.
    Katie has him locked up in the basement and has been quitely running the show the last 2 drafts. All part of her master plan to restore the family's football name.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

So, time to call Chicago and offer a package including a #1 pick for Forte?
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

Mike Brown is a sand bagging son-of-a-gun LOL
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Best day to be a Bengals fan in decades probably. Hard to imagine the future looking much brighter.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Is there any reason for Oakland to show up for the draft in April? They are really desperate if they're willing to deal this lonely pick seeing as how they'd already traded away so many others

New QB
    New OC
    #85 traded
    1 1st round pick and possibly another 1st round pick

thats what Palmer "retiring" got the Bengals

Turn Off Ads?