Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    This doesn't make sense. The people who aren't coming to Bengals games now because of Mike Brown are the same people who generally applauded Carson for his stance against the Bengals organization.
    So why would those people boo Carson?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    So why would those people boo Carson?
    The ones booing Carson would be the ones who never stopped drinking the Mike Brown kool-aid.

I personally wouldn't boo him.

Amazed at how things turned out advantageously for the Bengals for once, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

This trade news made my day. Great day to be a Bengals fan. This next draft should be very interesting. What do we draft? Best available, O-line, cornerback, safety, running back, thoughts?

Carson should be boo'd. He took a bunch of money up front in a huge deal, stuck it in his bank, and then quit on our team. Obviously it worked out really well for us since Carson had started to suck and we got a new QB, but I'd boo him just for quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Carson should be boo'd. He took a bunch of money up front in a huge deal, stuck it in his bank, and then quit on our team. Obviously it worked out really well for us since Carson had started to suck and we got a new QB, but I'd boo him just for quitting.
    Do you boo the fans that don't show up to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    This trade news made my day. Great day to be a Bengals fan. This next draft should be very interesting. What do we draft? Best available, O-line, cornerback, safety, running back, thoughts?
    We need help on the O-line, especially at guard. I would think RB is going to be a big need as well as cornerback. Beyond that we can draft for depth which will be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Do you boo the fans that don't show up to the game?
    Why would I do that? I don't care what other fans do with their time.

It would be odd if the Bengals met the Raiders in a wild card game this season...winner advances, consolation prize is Oakland's #1.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    OL, DB, RB, WR, or even LB can be upgraded. I am not a huge fan of taking RB's and WR's early in the drafts. I think you can get great value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, even later. You can never go wrong with adding OLine help. And I tend to think DB as well as LB can use an upgrade or a playmaker type.

What if this trade allows the Bengals to add a Trent Richardson type at running back? Wow.

Great move, by Mike Brown.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    What if this trade allows the Bengals to add a Trent Richardson type at running back? Wow.

Great move, by Mike Brown.
    it should allow them to move up and get him if they really want him or they might be able to use the pick to upgrade the offensive line.

I wouldn't have a problem with either since I would like to see Benson replaced and the interior of the O-Line needs upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    While Oakland was busy playing the dominant forces known as the Broncos, Chiefs and Changers (they are pretty good) the Bengals were playing pushovers known as the Steelers and Ravens (Browns don't count).

I think Carson is a better QB than Campbell but also think his glory days are well behind him. Its fair to question his arm strength, lack of mobility, and leadership skills.
    I'm not sure I can say with any confidence Palmer is better than Campbell at this stage of their careers. They're pretty similar QBs in my opinion. And if Palmer is better, it isn't drastically. I think this trade will be remembered for a longggggggg time. And in a good way for the Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    While Oakland was busy playing the dominant forces known as the Broncos, Chiefs and Changers (they are pretty good) the Bengals were playing pushovers known as the Steelers and Ravens (Browns don't count).

I think Carson is a better QB than Campbell but also think his glory days are well behind him. Its fair to question his arm strength, lack of mobility, and leadership skills.
    Also, a ton of Carson's losses these last few years happened against teams OTHER than Baltimore and Pittsburgh. I don't think it's fair to point at the schedule as an excuse. Playing at SD, Denver, and KC are three of the toughest venues in this league, whether the teams are good or not.

Who else is really looking forward to seeing how Carson looks?

Anyone bold enough to predict how well he does?

Considering how things have turned out, we should be hoping he can lead the Raiders to the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Also, a ton of Carson's losses these last few years happened against teams OTHER than Baltimore and Pittsburgh. I don't think it's fair to point at the schedule as an excuse. Playing at SD, Denver, and KC are three of the toughest venues in this league, whether the teams are good or not.
    I am not really trying to defend Carson. I think he has been on a steadily decline ever since he had the elbow injury. I do do think that playing the Steelers and Ravens twice each a season shouldn't be overlooked when comparing him to Campbell.

I am actually glad Carson forced the Bengals hand here. It was evident that he was trending in the wrong direction but with the financial commitment and "franchise QB title" the Bengals weren't going to head in another direction. Many teams too often hold onto aging QB's for too long because of the aforementioned aspects. Ever since his elbow injury I thought the Bengals should have invested a 2-3-4th round pick on a backup QB to groom. Until Carson gave his ultimatum the Bengals weren't going to head in that direction.

Its only icing on the cake to know that the Bengals will have two extra high draft picks as well as some serious cap space heading into the next few years. Oh yea, and a young team that is getting better each and every week.

Turn Off Ads?