Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Who else is really looking forward to seeing how Carson looks?

Anyone bold enough to predict how well he does?

Considering how things have turned out, we should be hoping he can lead the Raiders to the playoffs.
    I don't think he'll be all that great for them. He has to learn their offense, get on the same page with their receivers, and he's had a LOT of time off. And quite frankly the guy's never been the sharpest anyways, especially the last few years. The Raiders have a great ground game, and I think their line has been pretty good this year, but the receiving corp. leaves much to be desired. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Considering how things have turned out, we should be hoping he can lead the Raiders to the playoffs.
    Hard to say since hes been out for a while and now has to learn a new offense.
    The one good thing for him is that the Raiders seem to have a good running game that he can lean on early.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    You sure about that? If reports are correct and the Bengals are poised to get a 1st rd plus another 1st rd then Mike Brown is not the idiot you and others have portrayed him to be. He's merely been waiting for someone to overpay and it looks like he found his sucker. It's time to praise MB for his handling of this situation
    How about if we praise Mike Brown for not looking a gift horse in the mouth instead. You can praise him for not remaining stubborn if you want but he would have REALLY been an idiot if he had turned that deal down. That Oakland would lose their qb just a couple days before the trade deadline and pay that price so they can try to make the playoffs is pure luck. Mike Brown got very lucky cuz now there are people praising him for a move that anyone would've made. I didn't think MB would allow Palmer to be traded but I also didn't think a team would offer that package for Palmer. Obviously, it's a great move for the Bengals. The news about Benson is nice to hear too.

Better team for the next 3-4 years, Reds or Bengals? I'd have to say Bengals.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

A lot has been made of Carson's knee and elbow as being the main reasons for his decline but what I've seen is that he's staring down receivers much more than he did in 2005 and he rarely moves much in the pocket making it easier for defenses to defend him. The thing to look for with Carson this year is his mobility and whether he looks off receivers. If those things don't improve, he'll fail in Oakland. If Hue can coach him out of those habits, then kudos to him. But I'm thinking those things won't change early. It'll be fun to watch

He gets a fresh start with a coach he knows and is comfortable with. That will help. I expect a scaled down offense for awhile but come Dec/Jan who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if Palmer came back with a chip on his shoulder to show that he's not washed up. I'll be interested to see what he does Sunday vs the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    He gets a fresh start with a coach he knows and is comfortable with. That will help. I expect a scaled down offense for awhile but come Dec/Jan who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if Palmer came back with a chip on his shoulder to show that he's not washed up. I'll be interested to see what he does Sunday vs the Chiefs.
    You think he'll play this week? My guess is they'll wait until after the bye but we'll see

Raiders tweeted this picture of Palmer:

https://twitter.com/#!/RAIDERS/statu.../photo/1/large

You think he'll play this week? My guess is they'll wait until after the bye but we'll see
    He probably won't start but I bet he'll be on the sidelines and available to play if needed.

Bengals running back Cedric Benson received a reduced one-game suspension from the NFL on Tuesday for his misdemeanor assault cases settled before the season, a person familiar with the discussions told The Associated Press.
    Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1bAYQR4VV

Good for Carson. Class guy as opposed to lil' Mikey. Who called who's bluff? It think Carson called Mike's bluff and Mikey blicked. Carson didn't need to deal with an idiot and got tired of it. Mikey finally picked up on the idea that he had to expend a draft pick for another quarterback and there was nothing coming back to him. As usual, Mikey looked at the cost factor and, finally, the light bulb came on that he was the loser in the deal. Don't congratulate Mikey, congratulate Carson.

Of course, the caveat is that the Bengals actually do something positive with the draft picks, which, honestly, I'm not confident will happen.

I hope Carson comes in here next year and kicks the Bengals' (read Mike Brown) butt.

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

The opposite of everything rem just said.

In my mind, the jury is still out on Palmer. I don't know if his inaccuracies was because of a damaged elbow or because of the freelancing Chad and TO.

I guess we'll see.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Initial reaction from a non-Bengals fan -- both Brown and Palmer got what they wanted. Shrug.

A lot has been made of Carson's knee and elbow as being the main reasons for his decline but what I've seen is that he's staring down receivers much more than he did in 2005 and he rarely moves much in the pocket making it easier for defenses to defend him. The thing to look for with Carson this year is his mobility and whether he looks off receivers. If those things don't improve, he'll fail in Oakland. If Hue can coach him out of those habits, then kudos to him. But I'm thinking those things won't change early. It'll be fun to watch
    When a guy who knows how to look off receivers starts staring them down, it's usually a trust issue, i.e. he doesn't have faith the receivers are going to be where they're supposed to be. Of course, that bad habit can stick, and you're correct that he'll have to do better. As for mobility, it is what it is at this point.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Ya know if Mikey really wanted to stick it to Carson he would've either held onto his rights anyway or he would've dealt him to a team that didn't have a coach he was comfortable with, that wasn't in his home state, and that didn't have a chance at the playoffs. I doubt anyone would've passed on what Oakland gave up. I bet Palmer is a pretty happy camper right now.

Turn Off Ads?