Turn Off Ads?
Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I thought Gack's comment was hilarious when I first read it. I took it as sarcasm and I'm sure it was meant that way.
    I was paraphrasing a bunch of people on this thread saying that Carson should have played through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I agree with Redhook, thanks for posting that. What I think has been especially effective about the pass rush is that guys like Dunlap and Johnson, just by getting pressure really disrupt a passing game because they are so tall. In the same way that an effective shot blocker can "bother" a guy in the lane, it's clear that the Bengals front four bothers a lot of quarterbacks.

The only small negative in this is that QB's like Rothelisberger and Flacco are both very tall and less likely to be bothered. You still have to get them to the ground, which the Bengals have done an okay job with.
    I think that is still likely to occur with Flacco he has some other issues that prevent him from being quick at decision making. However Roethlisberger seems to have finally turned a corner with regards to holding the ball which he has been notorious for. He is hitting alot of short passes this year (since sometime after that Baltimore debacle), using Heath Miller and others underneath more instead of constantly trying to make a big play downfield, bad news for Bengals. I actually predicted taking one from Pittsburgh before the season and being swept by Baltimore. However I am starting to wonder if I didn't speak to soon and the reverse has a better chance of happening now. Flacco has some good weapons at his disposal but he isn't using them very well.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Dalton not getting any help today...

Love this QB Dalton nothing rattles the kid, which will be good because Pitts and Baltimore will try and shake your bones.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I am starting to change my tune on Dalton a little bit. He has a touch more arm strength than I gave him credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Love this QB Dalton nothing rattles the kid, which will be good because Pitts and Baltimore will try and shake your bones.
    I was hoping Oakland would take a shot at him. I really liked him at TCU, I thought he had the head to be an NFL QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

6-2 after todays win

I thought they were going to lose today after the first half... this team is incredibly resilient.

And A.J. Green is going to be a Pro Bowl-level receiver for many seasons to come... He's capable of simply dominating an opposing secondary.

Ok, I think this a good team. They have put together quite a season. And while there is the "schedule" discussion, they have done with 5 roadies, three home games. That flips for second half.

And again, finishing strong, such a dramatic reversal for the franchise.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Ok, I think this a good team. They have put together quite a season. And while there is the "schedule" discussion, they have done with 5 roadies, three home games. That flips for second half.

And again, finishing strong, such a dramatic reversal for the franchise.
    The schedule isn't what the haters like me will focus on. The opposing QB's this team has faced is atrocious. The Bengals face Roethlisberger twice this year and then Matt Schaub. Everyone else is whom I'd consider average to below average at best.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 11-06-2011 at 08:00 PM.

I know there's still a game tonight, but who really cares. At this very moment the Bengals are the #1 seed in the AFC.

Who dey?

Wow, I remember being disappointed in the draft picks of Dalton and Green.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

There is only one rookie QB who has thrown 12 TDs in his first 8 games since the NFL merger in 1970.

He wears #14 for the Bengals.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 11-06-2011 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    The schedule isn't what the haters like me will focus on. The opposing QB's this team has faced is atrocious. The Bengals face Roethlisberger twice this year and then Matt Schaub. Everyone else is whom I'd consider average to below average at best.
    The Bengals get to the QB as well as anyone in this league. Pitt's offensive line is atrocious, and you can rest assured the Bengals will rough up Big Ben. Maybe Pitt pulls out the W, but this team deserves respect, tough schedule or weak schedule, elite QBs faced or not elite.

Turn Off Ads?