Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Re: How bad are the Bengals going to be next year?

I think the Bengals have lost their minds.... I hope Dalton has a good life insurance policy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ml?eref=sircrc
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Colin Cowherd (I know, I know) did a feature today where he summed up every NFL team in three words. For the Bengals, it was "Bag Over Head." A Bengals fan called in and said a better choice would've been "Need New Owner."
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

It's really a shame because this team does have some talent, Gresham, Simpson, Green, Dunlap, etc... are all good young players and fun to watch. However instead of adding to that talent Brown wastes it by signing has beens and have nots. If the Bengals would have shored up that O line like many have been begging him to do for the last 3-4 seasons I think this team would be capable of some exciting play. Unfortunately I don't think there is an insurance company out there foolish enough to risk putting a policy on young Andy Dalton.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Almost looks like a teaser bet. Vegas is good, they must see something us Bengals fans don't.

What was the over/under on Philly? I think they are over hyped and never will bet on Vick. Look at what he did when he got overhyped in ATL.
    Eagles are at 10.5
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Bengals at 7.5? Geez, I think I'll go put my life savings on the under. That's pretty much as sure a bet as there's ever been.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Yeah, I'm not really sure what Vegas is thinking. Hell, the Bengals didn't improve their horrible offensive line and now they're replacing Palmer with a rookie 2nd round draft pick.

I'd put the Bengals realistic over/under at 4.5. Even if it was that low, I'd still take the under. They're going to redefine bad Bengal football this year. And that stinks because I so badly want a good team to watch and root for. Damn you Mike Brown.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I dunno, I think it's gonna be a bad year, but I also think it's a major move in the right direction. I'm glad Palmer won't be our QB. I'm glad TO is gone. I'm glad Ochocinco is gone (even though I appreciate the years he gave us).

I look at our playmakers on offense and I see a ton of young talent. Simpson, Shipley, Green, Caldwell, Gresham, and Scott. The big question is how Andy Dalton will do, but I'm okay with him and the other guys going through the rookie growing pains. I'd much rather get behind a team like that than I would the circus we've seen in recent years. The defense still has a lot of talent too, more than a lot of critics will ever really want to acknowledge. I look forward to seeing how Carlos Dunlap will perform in his 2nd year, he was an absolute beast in the second half of last season.

Keep in mind that the Bengals play and amazingly easy schedule this year. If they can get back to running the ball with authority, playing solid defense, and cut down the turnovers they can win 8-9 games. I really like the Manny Lawson addition, and I think the offensive line will improve upon it's play last year. Green and Simpson are proving in camp that they can make plays. If Dalton can take care of the ball, and Benson stays healthy I see a team that will be much improved from a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    Keep in mind that the Bengals play and amazingly easy schedule this year. If they can get back to running the ball with authority, playing solid defense, and cut down the turnovers they can win 8-9 games. I really like the Manny Lawson addition, and I think the offensive line will improve upon it's play last year. Green and Simpson are proving in camp that they can make plays. If Dalton can take care of the ball, and Benson stays healthy I see a team that will be much improved from a year ago.
    I like your optimism. Their schedule is easy. I think you'll see Marvin Lewis in a more comfortable place no TOCHO show and no longer making excuses for the Brat. Could be an opportunity for him to truly have a "team" environment instead of stars and rest of the team.

I think they'll get killed by the Steelers and the Ravens (unless they just get a few bounces their way). However, other team's defenses won't have a ton of film to go on. Dalton is new; Gruden is new.

Optimistically... 8 wins, likely 6 to 7. With a few injuries, 3 to 5.

WillAnderson79When Carson Palmer comes back to play for Bengals "Thank Me Later!"

9 seconds ago

Interesting. He has tweeted this twice now.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    WillAnderson79When Carson Palmer comes back to play for Bengals "Thank Me Later!"

9 seconds ago

Amazing, if it happens. Shame is, Carson looked better the last few games of 2010 when he relied on no name receivers simply running their routes.

Personally, I could careless if its Palmer or Dalton so long as their competitive and not an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post

9 seconds ago

I do not want this to happen. It is time to turn a new leaf. Out with the old, in with the new I say.

His latest tweet now says its not happening

Can tweeting be outlawed?

Turn Off Ads?