Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 413

Thread: 7/29/11 - Giants at Reds

  1. #1
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,545

    7/29/11 - Giants at Reds

    Reds lineup

    Drew Stubbs 8
    Fred Lewis 7
    Joey Votto 3
    Brandon Phillips 4
    Jay Bruce 9
    Miguel Cairo 5
    Ramon Hernandez 2
    Paul Janish 6
    Dontrelle Willis 1

    I just hate that Alonso is brought up to sit. Even Lewis is starting in front of him.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,510

    Re: 7/29/11 - Giants at Reds

    Dusty, it may be time for you to go.

  4. #3
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,467

    Re: 7/29/11 - Giants at Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Dusty, it may be time for you to go.
    Yep. I just don't get the whole Lewis thing. If Dusty is "playing to win" Heisey is better than Lewis even against lefty pitching. Alonso should get his shot against RHP.

  5. #4
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,830

    Re: 7/29/11 - Giants at Reds

    Whoever plays LF will be chasing more balls tonight than any other night this weekend, Heisey also has a sore shoulder.

    But of course Dusty needs to be fired because of anything presumed is obviously what's happening.

  6. #5
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,643

    Re: 7/29/11 - Giants at Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    But of course Dusty needs to be fired because of anything presumed is obviously what's happening.
    He's doomed, because I actually quite like him as a manager and I'm clearly not allowed to have nice things when it comes to sports teams I follow.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  7. #6
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,830

    Re: 7/29/11 - Giants at Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    He's doomed, because I actually quite like him as a manager and I'm clearly not allowed to have nice things when it comes to sports teams I follow.
    Why's he doomed?

    Walt built the straw man starting staff and told everyone they were young and ready.

    Franchises that churn through managers are crap, personally I'm tired of the churning, it's bush.

  8. #7
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,568

    Re: 7/29/11 - Giants at Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Why's he doomed?

    Walt built the straw man starting staff and told everyone they were young and ready.

    Franchises that churn through managers are crap, personally I'm tired of the churning, it's bush.
    Agreed. I think Dusty has his faults, but it's also clear the Reds have some areas that need improved upon.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  9. #8
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6,454

    Re: 7/29/11 - Giants at Reds

    –Baker said Yonder Alonso will get a start in left field.

    “At some point,” Baker said. “He’s working (coach Billy Hatcher) in the outfield.”

    Alonso started 62 games for Louisville in left, but Baker obviously has concerns doubt Alonso’s defense.
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

  10. #9
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,467

    Re: 7/29/11 - Giants at Reds

    I'm fine with Baker being concerned about defense. But if he were really that concerned there is no way he would trot Fred Lewis out there.

    WOY, I agree that manager churn is bad. But that doesn't mean a manager who is clearly making poor decisions should be kept at all costs. Just as I gave him credit when the team won last year, I'm going to give him some flak when they lose. It isn't all his fault but a big portion of it is.

  11. #10
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,830

    Re: 7/29/11 - Giants at Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I'm fine with Baker being concerned about defense. But if he were really that concerned there is no way he would trot Fred Lewis out there.

    WOY, I agree that manager churn is bad. But that doesn't mean a manager who is clearly making poor decisions should be kept at all costs. Just as I gave him credit when the team won last year, I'm going to give him some flak when they lose. It isn't all his fault but a big portion of it is.
    Sorry you don't fire a guy who won the division last year for being 5 games under .500 at the end of July, it's bush.

    As for Lewis over Alonso because defense, he has a LOT more experience than Alonso and if Heisey is still banged up then Lewis is the sane choice if you're thinking defense first.

  12. #11
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,467

    Re: 7/29/11 - Giants at Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Sorry you don't fire a guy who won the division last year for being 5 games under .500 at the end of July, it's bush.

    As for Lewis over Alonso because defense, he has a LOT more experience than Alonso and if Heisey is still banged up then Lewis is the sane choice if you're thinking defense first.

    At this point in the season I wouldn't fire him as it would be pointless. Come October, however, if this team is well under .500 I wouldn't give his one successful campaign more weight than the three others. That said, I would certainly pull him into the office right now and privately let him know the heat is on and what the organization's expectations for the end of the season are.

  13. #12
    Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wise, Va.
    Posts
    758

    Re: 7/29/11 - Giants at Reds

    Great start.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

  14. #13
    Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wise, Va.
    Posts
    758

    Re: 7/29/11 - Giants at Reds

    Dusty needs to get thrown out just for a spark.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

  15. #14
    Oy Vey! Red in Chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: 7/29/11 - Giants at Reds

    gee, imagine that...a first inning run already...

  16. #15
    Oy Vey! Red in Chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: 7/29/11 - Giants at Reds

    bruce guns down kep at third...i hate kep with a passion


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25