Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds focused on Bourn

Re: Reds focused on Bourn

After missing out on Beltran and Pence, it appears Atlanta is putting the full court press on to acquire Bourn.

2. Turn Off Ads?

• One exec who has been speaking with the Rockies and Reds suggests that if that swap happens, it could be a larger deal than just Homer Bailey, Travis Wood and high-end prospects for Jimenez. He said he believes the teams have discussed an expanded version that could include someone the likes of Seth Smith, because the Reds also have been targeting controllable bats.

this seems better

Bourn is a poor man's Drew Stubbs. The move makes no sense. Bourn is having a great year, but to be honest, I am not even sure he is an everyday MLB starter. I don't think he will be of much value past this year and would be a foolish move by the Reds.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I will lose all faith in Walt if he trades for Bourn.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I will lose all faith in Walt if he trades for Bourn.
    +1

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abish1572 View Post
    would be stupid to trade everything we have just for bourn
    Agree, but also very tempting to do something. This organization hasn't had a legitimate leadoff man since Bip Roberts. Blows the mind to think how long that's been.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Agree, but also very tempting to do something. This organization hasn't had a legitimate leadoff man since Bip Roberts. Blows the mind to think how long that's been.

Mike Cameron did a pretty good job in 1999 before getting dealt to SEA. but I agree - the leadoff spot has been pretty sad.

Alonso alone is worth more than Bourn. Bourn is a free agent at the end of next year and is due for a raise. He brings to the table mediocre defense, amazing stealing ability, good OBP, and terrible power for LF, where he'll be starting. Not bad, but certainly not worth trading terribly much for. Alonso, meanwhile, is a polished hitter with good power that will be cheap and under team control for many years, and allow us to resign Phillips. Any package beyond Alonso for this guy is too much, IMO.

If somebody is gracious enough to give me a second chance, I won't need a third.
    - Pete Rose

Reds are still doing well with attendance, and still have a chance at the playoffs. I am sure they will do something positive.

Braves get Bourn for 4 Minor Leaguers.

Quote Originally Posted by sammonator View Post
    Phfew! Good. I didn't want him. I was afraid of this trade more than the others.

Stand pat unless we can get Matt Kemp or a frontline legit #1 starter. Both are extremely doubtful. So again, I say stand pat and address it in the offseason.

Good deal for Braves. They needed leadoff man. Gave up 9th best prospect and others.

I read that Bourn is a free agent after the season. Is that correct? If so........no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sammonator View Post
    CF Jordan Schafer, starters LHP Brett Oberholtzer (AA), RHP Paul Clemens (AA), RHP reliever Juan Abreu (AAA)

That's a lot for Bourn, IMHO. The Braves overpaid.

Turn Off Ads?