Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds focused on Bourn

Reds focused on Bourn

Buster_ESPNBuster Olney
    Rival executive: Reds focused on Michael Bourn, who would answer their desire to add a lead-off hitter for 2011 and beyond

There is already a thread about Bourn but I figured this deserved its own. Heyman from SI also said their asking price is "wildly high" for Bourn, and that the Reds aren't in on Pence whose asking price is even higher.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds focused on Bourn

would be stupid to trade everything we have just for bourn

Wouldn't be a bad move if we didn't have to giv up to much i'll take him in a heartbeat. Perhaps Yonder, Boxberger, and another low prospect.
    If somebody is gracious enough to give me a second chance, I won't need a third.
    - Pete Rose

Don't like the idea of trading for Bourn. He (or Stubbs) would lose value from playing in LF, it blocks a number of prospects, and his asking price will be too much for what he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanwill View Post
    Wouldn't be a bad move if we didn't have to giv up to much i'll take him in a heartbeat. Perhaps Yonder, Boxberger, and another low prospect.
    anyone else you wanna throw in there as well?

The Reds being focused on Bourn doesn't make much sense to me...

I understand the need for a "legit" leadoff hitter, but I've never been that big of a fan of Bourn. Especially if the reports are true that the Astros are trying to "fleece" us for him.

I don't understand this love fest that the Reds have with Bourn.....He is nothing special, is only signed thru next year,and IMHO, this organization already has their 'Bourn' in Sappelt. Seems we only have good prospects so they can waste away in AAA, while we throw money at players with nothing that helps this team going forward.

The only reason would be if the Astros wanted someone we needed to move and the trade favored us,but I don't see it.
    May the Lord bless

I'll probably get crucified here for saying it, but I think Bourn would probably improve their team if he was in CF instead of Stubbs. He has a higher OBP, higher AVG, and strikes out less. While he has less power and less possible potential, he's more what you would want in a leadoff hitter. Also, I dont feel like Stubbs has progressed much since the time he was called up, he still has terrible AB's, and k's all the time, which is something he did even in college, and I just think its a legitimate possibility that will never change.

My problem with Stubbs (which accounts for a lot of his Ks) is that he is almost 100% a guess hitter.

You could even see it last night on his fly ball to the warning track. He was guessing fastball (I believe it was a fastball) and guessed right, but just barely missed it. The same thing happened with his walk off.

Now if he guesses fastball and it's off speed... forget about it. Where as if Votto is sitting fastball and it's off speed he can at least battle, foul it off, etc.

Bourn is better than Stubbs in almost every way. The only advantage Stubbs has is in power and strikeouts and Bourn is only under control through 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Bourn is better than Stubbs in almost every way. The only advantage Stubbs has is in power and strikeouts and Bourn is only under control through 2012.
    ppl can be resigned

jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick
    #Astros efforts to move Michael Bourn are picking up steam, source says. Appears more likely he'll move by deadline. #trades
    Jerry Crasnick has been the reporter who has broke several Reds related scoops in the past (see: Chapman, Bruce extension.) I'm thinking his source is from the Reds camp and that a deal is getting close. The Astros apparently want young prospects, Rodriguez or Duran anyone?

Isn't Bourn a Scott Boras client? If he is, what are the chances he would resign with us anyway? Boras doesn't like his clients to resign, he'd rather they hit the free agent market.

Ken_RosenthalKen Rosenthal

Source: #Braves getting "more involved" on #Astros' Bourn. #tradedeadline #MLB

Turn Off Ads?