Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Question......

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Question......

IF.......the Reds acquired Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw, do you think that would put them in the driver's seat to win the division? Factor in that they'd have to give up Stubbs and probably Bailey and Wood, and some other prospects.

LF Sappelt/Heisey
    2B Phillips
    1B Votto
    CF Kemp
    RF Bruce
    C Hanigan/Mesoraco
    3B Cairo/Frazier
    SS Renteria/Janish

Cueto
    Kershaw
    Leake
    Arroyo
    Willis

Volquez in triple A.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Question......

would love to see something like this happen at the deadline tmw, but i fully expect the reds to trade hernandez to SF and do nothing else.
    Just a dude who loves the reds, and some new sneakers.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    IF.......the Reds acquired Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw, do you think that would put them in the driver's seat to win the division? Factor in that they'd have to give up Stubbs and probably Bailey and Wood, and some other prospects.

LF Sappelt/Heisey
    2B Phillips
    1B Votto
    CF Kemp
    RF Bruce
    C Hanigan/Mesoraco
    3B Cairo/Frazier
    SS Renteria/Janish

Cueto
    Kershaw
    Leake
    Arroyo
    Willis

Volquez in triple A.
    Hopefully we would have Cozart in that lineup soon
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HatchMo View Post
    would love to see something like this happen at the deadline tmw, but i fully expect the reds to trade hernandez to SF and do nothing else.
    ditto
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post

LF Sappelt/Heisey
    2B Phillips
    1B Votto
    CF Kemp
    RF Bruce
    C Hanigan/Mesoraco
    3B Cairo/Frazier
    SS Renteria/Janish

Cueto
    Kershaw
    Leake
    Arroyo
    Willis

Volquez in triple A.
    This far out with 3 teams in front of us at the beginning of August, we could add Babe Ruth, Sandy Koufax, and Pete Rose, and it wouldn't put us in the "driver's seat".

And I'm not even counting Babe Ruth & Sandy Koufax as dead...in their prime. There is no way we can say "driver's seat" with ANY players at this point.

with about 56 games left

the reds would need to go 35-21 while st louis and milwaukee both go 28-28 or worse

pujols / mo rivera / halladay couldnt do that i think.

im not givin up hope yet but personnel is not the problem. there's no way id trade bailey or bruce but do i really want jiminez or bourn for 2012. get off to a better start with cueto/bailey healthy and all the young guys a year older, arroyo in san diego with harang

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    This far out with 3 teams in front of us at the beginning of August, we could add Babe Ruth, Sandy Koufax, and Pete Rose, and it wouldn't put us in the "driver's seat".

And I'm not even counting Babe Ruth & Sandy Koufax as dead...in their prime. There is no way we can say "driver's seat" with ANY players at this point.
    same analogy, beat me to it

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Well, it is a deal that goes beyond just this year. That's why I would like it.

That deal already would have been done by Walt if it were available. The Dodgers aren't gonna be trading Kemp and especially not Kershaw unless you wanted to give them maybe $50 million cash and Chapman.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Should have been done in late May/early June. Kershaw is probably too difficult to pry away, but at least Billingsley to go along with Kemp. I Know that deal could have been worked on, and I surely hope they didn't hesitate because LA would have asked for Stubbs to go along with other prospects.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I 'd would just taken Kemp... hoping for an off-season acquisition. The Dodgers are financial mess.

Turn Off Ads?