Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Astros are offically a Triple-A team

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

The Astros are offically a Triple-A team

(Cue the "Haven't they been for a couple years now?" jokes.)

Beginning the 2010 season, they had Oswalt, Berkman, Pence and Bourn. A year-and-a-half later, they have all been traded.

That team is going to be NL Central cellar-dwellers for years to come. Well, unless they move to the AL (so there are an equal-amount of teams in each league) as has been rumored. But I don't think that will happen since there would have to be interleague play pretty much all year. I could hear people saying "Well, the AL is stronger anyway, so it's fair that they only have 14 teams while the NL has 16." It is weird that the NL Central has six teams while the AL West has just four. Moving the Astros to the AL West would even things up and there would be a natural rivalry with Houston/Texas Rangers.

Anyway, the Astros were a thorn in our side for so many years and it's odd to see them completely fall apart. Have to admit I'm liking it though.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: The Astros are offically a Triple-A team

AAA? The Bats would crush them. Try AA. Look at their pitching staff, look at their bench, look at their bullpen. LOL. It's gotten to the point where it's just funny. And yes, I love it too. :O)

Haunted by walks

Let's wait until after the Reds' series with the Astros, just to be sure.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

They better sweep the AAA Astros.

It's debatable that the two worst teams in MLB are in the NL Central, the Astros and Cubs.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Let's wait until after the Reds' series with the Astros, just to be sure.
    If we lose the series, would that make the Reds a AA team?

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

16 games left vs. the Cubs and Astros.

Go at least 13-3 and the Reds still might have a chance this year.

Anyway, the Astros were a thorn in our side for so many years and it's odd to see them completely fall apart. Have to admit I'm liking it though.
    I'm not really in the same boat as you are. Yeah they were a thorn in the side of all the NL Central teams, but I just hate seeing once proud organizations stoop to what they are now. I remember those amazing playoff series with the Stros in the mid-2000's. Many of those playoff games between the Cards and Astros were truely epic. Yet, I have always appreciated many of their players from afar (Berkman, Bagwell, Biggio, etc). I, for one, don't enjoy seeing that organization turn into another Kansas City Royals or Seattle Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I'm not really in the same boat as you are. Yeah they were a thorn in the side of all the NL Central teams, but I just hate seeing once proud organizations stoop to what they are now. I remember those amazing playoff series with the Stros in the mid-2000's. Many of those playoff games between the Cards and Astros were truely epic. Yet, I have always appreciated many of their players from afar (Berkman, Bagwell, Biggio, etc). I, for one, don't enjoy seeing that organization turn into another Kansas City Royals or Seattle Mariners.
    I love it. The Cards are next!

Let's not forget how sure we alll were about the Pirates AAA team going into this year though...
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

If HOU were to somehow put Carlos Lee on someone today, I would call their deadline work a huge success. As it stands I still like what they've done....start over and work towards being competitive again in 2013.

Cozart, Alonso, Frazier, Sappelt, Meseraco, Boxberger...come September, we might bear a slight resmblance too.

Honestly though, I would't mind seeing all of these guys get a long look over the course of the next two months or so. I think that this is Phase II in the process of making this fanchise a serious contender (Phase I being Votto, Bruce, Heisey, Cueto, Bailey, Leake, Chapman, etc.). Phase III would be adding the right mix or young vets to fill three or four obvious holes and maybe a stopgap or two.

I'd rather see several of the young'uns listed than watch more of the same. Who knows, a shot of enthusiam might just swing things around this year (not saying it would be enough to win the division), Never to early.late to head in the right direction.

Just saw this Heyman tweet on the bottom of the screen on MLB Network:

#Astros look good for 2017

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Just saw this Heyman tweet on the bottom of the screen on MLB Network:

Ahh, so I see the Astros are taking the old Soviet Union, 10 year plan approach to baseball. The Russian politburo would be proud.

Also, the Astros traded away the great Jeff Keppinger.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Turn Off Ads?