Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Hot - Not / Pitchers - Batters (July)

  1. #1
    Resident PED Expert nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Centerville, Ohio
    Posts
    1,417

    Hot - Not / Pitchers - Batters (July)

    HOT Pitchers July

    Chapman - 15.1 IP 2 H 4 BB 25 K's 0.39 WHIP 1.17 ERA 1 SV .038 BAA

    LeCure - 11.1 IP 7 H 3 BB 11 K's 0.88 WHIP 0.79 ERA .171 BAA

    Cueto - 41.1 IP 31 H 13 BB 19 K's 1.09 WHIP 1.52 ERA .209 BAA

    Arredondo - 9 IP 5 H 2 BB 7 K's 0.78 WHIP 3.00 ERA .171 BAA


    NOT Pitchers July

    Arroyo - 30.1 IP 39 H 8 BB 13 K's 1.55 WHIP 7.42 ERA .315 BAA 0 Wins

    Bailey - 30.1 IP 36 H 11 BB 17 K's 1.55 WHIP 5.64 ERA .303 BAA

    Masset - 11.1 IP 15 H 3 BB 8 K's 1.59 WHIP 3.97 ERA .326 BAA

    CoCo - 10.1 IP 12 H 5 BB 7 K's 1.65 WHIP 6.10 ERA .293 BAA 3 BS


    __________________________________________________ _____________


    HOT Batters July


    Votto - .386/.550/.936 - 6 HR 18 RBI

    Cairo - .377/.471/.848 - 2 HR 10 RBI

    Lewis - .352/.426/.778 - 2 HR 7 RBI

    Bruce - .363/.442/.805 - 3 HR 12 RBI - 15 BB 20 K

    Stubbs - .361/.362/.723 - 2 HR 4 RBI

    Renteria - .310/.429/.739 - 1 HR 8 RBI - 1 BB 12 K

    Janish - .381/.389/.770 - 2 BB - 1 K


    NOT Hitters July

    Rolen - .229/.348/.577 - 1 HR 4 RBI

    Hanigan - .333/.273/.610 - 0 HR 1 RBI

    Heisey - .254/.406/.660 - 4 HR 9 RBI
    If you can't be a good example... then you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

    Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels...

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,815

    Re: Hot - Not / Pitchers - Batters (July)

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    HOT Pitchers July

    Chapman - 15.1 IP 2 H 4 BB 25 K's 0.39 WHIP 1.17 ERA 1 SV .038 BAA

    LeCure - 11.1 IP 7 H 3 BB 11 K's 0.88 WHIP 0.79 ERA .171 BAA

    Cueto - 41.1 IP 31 H 13 BB 19 K's 1.09 WHIP 1.52 ERA .209 BAA

    Arredondo - 9 IP 5 H 2 BB 7 K's 0.78 WHIP 3.00 ERA .171 BAA


    NOT Pitchers July

    Arroyo - 30.1 IP 39 H 8 BB 13 K's 1.55 WHIP 7.42 ERA .315 BAA 0 Wins

    Bailey - 30.1 IP 36 H 11 BB 17 K's 1.55 WHIP 5.64 ERA .303 BAA

    Masset - 11.1 IP 15 H 3 BB 8 K's 1.59 WHIP 3.97 ERA .326 BAA

    CoCo - 10.1 IP 12 H 5 BB 7 K's 1.65 WHIP 6.10 ERA .293 BAA 3 BS


    __________________________________________________ _____________


    HOT Batters July


    Votto - .386/.550/.936 - 6 HR 18 RBI

    Cairo - .377/.471/.848 - 2 HR 10 RBI

    Lewis - .352/.426/.778 - 2 HR 7 RBI

    Bruce - .363/.442/.805 - 3 HR 12 RBI - 15 BB 20 K

    Stubbs - .361/.362/.723 - 2 HR 4 RBI

    Renteria - .310/.429/.739 - 1 HR 8 RBI - 1 BB 12 K

    Janish - .381/.389/.770 - 2 BB - 1 K


    NOT Hitters July

    Rolen - .229/.348/.577 - 1 HR 4 RBI

    Hanigan - .333/.273/.610 - 0 HR 1 RBI

    Heisey - .254/.406/.660 - 4 HR 9 RBI
    But all I've heard is that Jay Bruce has sucked since the month of May.

  4. #3
    Resident PED Expert nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Centerville, Ohio
    Posts
    1,417

    Re: Hot - Not / Pitchers - Batters (July)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    But all I've heard is that Jay Bruce has sucked since the month of May.
    Yep and Dunn was a Bum who only posted a .900 OPS in his years in Cincy.

    3rd All Time behind:

    1) Votto .955

    2) Robinson .943

    3) Dunn .900

    4) Morgan .885

    5) ED .877

    4 out of the Top 5 was or will be run out of town.

    Cincy fans throughout the decades are never happy with what they have. It's always the next guy...

    BTW Bruce .808 - Lifetime

    Better than Griffey, Rose, Parker, Bell, A.Boone, Sabo, O'Neil and a tick behind, Vinson, May, Larkin, Bench, Perez and Post as Reds.

    AT 24. That's some pretty heavy hitters in Reds history.
    If you can't be a good example... then you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

    Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels...

  5. #4
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,861

    Re: Hot - Not / Pitchers - Batters (July)

    Stunned at Bruce's numbers for the month of July. Based on comments around here I thought he was slumping.

  6. #5
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,861

    Re: Hot - Not / Pitchers - Batters (July)

    Those numbers are not correct. Bruce hit .250 in July. Hanigan hit .227.

    I'd start the whole thing over.

  7. #6
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,861

    Re: Hot - Not / Pitchers - Batters (July)

    I think the numbers listed may be OBP/SLG/OPS.

    BA is the first part of a slash line, right?
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 08-01-2011 at 01:26 AM.

  8. #7
    Resident PED Expert nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Centerville, Ohio
    Posts
    1,417

    Re: Hot - Not / Pitchers - Batters (July)

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I think the numbers listed may be OBP/SLG/OPS.

    BA is the first part of a slash line, right?
    No. I go with the SABER slash of OBP+SLG% = OPS

    BA plays into the OBP.
    If you can't be a good example... then you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

    Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels...

  9. #8
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,861

    Re: Hot - Not / Pitchers - Batters (July)

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    No. I go with the SABER slash of OBP+SLG% = OPS

    BA plays into the OBP.
    Fair enough. I'm used to the BA/OBP/SLG that fangraphs uses. The SABER slash seems redundant to me as you can just add the first 2 numbers together to get the 3rd. The more info you get the better if you are just using 3 numbers in my opinion.

    Is there consensus on what slash line to use?

  10. #9
    Mr. Underhill signalhome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Manchester, KY
    Posts
    441

    Re: Hot - Not / Pitchers - Batters (July)

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Fair enough. I'm used to the BA/OBP/SLG that fangraphs uses. The SABER slash seems redundant to me as you can just add the first 2 numbers together to get the 3rd. The more info you get the better if you are just using 3 numbers in my opinion.

    Is there consensus on what slash line to use?
    I've seen slash lines presented this way a few times, though yeah, more often than not it's BA/OBP/SLG. I'd say just go with BA/OBP/SLG/OPS, so you've covered all the bases.

    Chapman's numbers in July are absolutely sick: 14.67 K/9, 2.35 BB/9, 6.25 K/BB, 47.6% GB%, 1.37 FIP, 1.05 xFIP. I know I'm just beating a dead horse by saying this, but the Reds have to get him in the rotation next year.

  11. #10
    Mr. Underhill signalhome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Manchester, KY
    Posts
    441

    Re: Hot - Not / Pitchers - Batters (July)

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    Bruce - .363/.442/.805 - 3 HR 12 RBI - 15 BB 20 K
    That's a 14.7% BB%, 19.6% K%, and 0.75 BB/K for July. More of that, please.

  12. #11
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Hot - Not / Pitchers - Batters (July)

    Chapman: Six baserunners in 15.1 innings with 25 K's. Sick. Just sick. He's been fun to watch since returning from the minors. Too bad he's not pitching 6+ innings every fifth day.

    Arredondo has really come around too as expected. I love his stuff...he'll be a big part of next seasons bullpen.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  13. #12
    Member Superdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,779

    Re: Hot - Not / Pitchers - Batters (July)

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Fair enough. I'm used to the BA/OBP/SLG that fangraphs uses. The SABER slash seems redundant to me as you can just add the first 2 numbers together to get the 3rd. The more info you get the better if you are just using 3 numbers in my opinion.

    Is there consensus on what slash line to use?
    I can't stand OBP/SLG/OPS. It throws me off and just isn't as useful. I was wondering how we even lost a game in July when I first saw this thread.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    The Bush Leagues
    Posts
    9,073

    Re: Hot - Not / Pitchers - Batters (July)

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Too bad he's not pitching 6+ innings every fifth day.
    Maybe. But the flipside is getting to use him 3 times a week. This team has a woeful one-run record, worst in the league.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

  15. #14
    Public Enemy #1 Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,246

    Re: Hot - Not / Pitchers - Batters (July)

    I wish Dusty would use LeCure a bit more.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  16. #15
    Vavasor TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    13,281

    Re: Hot - Not / Pitchers - Batters (July)

    someone want to tell me when a .723 OPS suddenly made a player hot? That slash line for Stubbs might be better than Heisey's, but without context, like the fact that Stubbs had roughly 30 more AB's, One might think Stubbs was more productive than Heisey in July.

    Which is simply not true.
    Suck it up cupcake.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25