Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BPhil...

BPhil...

I might get banned from RZ for this...but I am really getting sick of BPhil making an out or an error then smiling or laughing his butt off.....Its one thing to shake it off, its another thing to not take it serious.

Last week, we were down a run,late innings, BP on 1st and another runner on 3rd....batter grounded out and the throw went to 2nd for the force out of BP....he hustled and slid into the bag, was out, he then popped up and smiled and laughed it up with the guy covering the bag....

normally I would not care, last year it did not bother me when he had that attitude, but last year we were winning and to be honest I cannot remember BP doing things like that when he made mistakes or outs were made....is it a big deal? no....but it sure frustrates me when this team is fighting tooth and nail and still down 6 games in the standings to 3 teams and BP wants to rip it up with the other team....

this same attitude is what makes BP a lovable guy and its why we all love him dearly as a Red....that along with his gold glove.....but enough is enough...no need to smile when we are losing, nothing is funny when an out is made by you or your team. laugh it up on the bench in between innings, not on the field.

is it just me? am I over reacting?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: BPhil...

its you

I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    its you
    +1
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    I might get banned from RZ for this...but I am really getting sick of BPhil making an out or an error then smiling or laughing his butt off.....Its one thing to shake it off, its another thing to not take it serious.

Last week, we were down a run,late innings, BP on 1st and another runner on 3rd....batter grounded out and the throw went to 2nd for the force out of BP....he hustled and slid into the bag, was out, he then popped up and smiled and laughed it up with the guy covering the bag....

normally I would not care, last year it did not bother me when he had that attitude, but last year we were winning and to be honest I cannot remember BP doing things like that when he made mistakes or outs were made....is it a big deal? no....but it sure frustrates me when this team is fighting tooth and nail and still down 6 games in the standings to 3 teams and BP wants to rip it up with the other team....

this same attitude is what makes BP a lovable guy and its why we all love him dearly as a Red....that along with his gold glove.....but enough is enough...no need to smile when we are losing, nothing is funny when an out is made by you or your team. laugh it up on the bench in between innings, not on the field.

is it just me? am I over reacting?
    It's just you. You are overreacting.

Does it make it better when he screams cuss words after flying out to right field?

It's a 162 games, you can't let every mistake stick with you.

Players react given their personality. Brandon is a fun loving guy, who I really isn't the hard driven type of player that would blow up on the field. Not a bad thing, just not Brandon's style. The Reds don't have many (Maybe Rolen) who is the in your face type of guy on the roster.

Laughing his butt off? Not even close
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Does it make it better when he screams cuss words after flying out to right field?

It's a 162 games, you can't let every mistake stick with you.
    You heard that too eh?

I was hoping it was just me....not trying to start an argument or be agressive with anyone...just seeing if i was taking my Reds frustrations out on BPhil or not....it appears I am.........what bothered me was this was not the 1st time or 2nd time I had seen him do it...it has happened several times in the last few years and I always just kind of blew it off and just loved the fact that we were winning and that solved all my issues with him......

"laughing his butt off" might have been a little harsh, but it doesnt hide the fact that he clearly laughs out loud and does not hide the fact that something is amusing....and when your losing a game and a season, I dont like it when he laughs.....again, I realize now after seeing you all's response that it was over reacting on my part, but I still stick to my guns that it frustrates me....just not enough to where I wont root him on and cheer for him for life....the guy gives his hear to this team and I will forever be a fan for that reason alone.....

oh well, time to move on.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

I was expecting a smile after those two hard grounders he missed versus the Giants.He actually looked pissed after those miscue's.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Quote Originally Posted by smixsell View Post
    I totally agree.
    +1

I agree, hes all fame but no game

Nerdvana Annihilation

Quote Originally Posted by abish1572 View Post
    I agree, hes all fame but no game
    no game? yet 2 gold gloves and one of the best second baseman in MLB right now.

I've got no problem with it. I prefer his style to a head case who can't shake things off and lets it eat him up inside. Better to have a short memory and a zen outlook.

Turn Off Ads?