Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logan Ondrusek

Logan Ondrusek

Obviously is tired out and shouldnt be put in games like tonight. Not a dusty basher but bad move there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Logan Ondrusek

Chapman has pitched poorly recently, and so has Arredondo. I can't blame him.

Oh, wait...you mean those guys are the two hottest pitchers in the 'pen and neither was used yet?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Dusty, Dusty, Dusty...............

Where would this team be without him.

FIRST?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Dusty, Dusty, Dusty...............

Where would this team be without him.

FIRST?
    I don't know, but I'm willing to bet they could be 7.5 out without him.

I have NEVER been big on Ondrusek. You can show me all the stats you want, blah blah...I don't care. I just have always thought he "looked" lucky when he would get through an inning. He has never looked "solid" (I don't really know any other way to put it). I think of him on the same level as someone like Fisher.

I'm w/most everyone else. WHY not have Chapman up and throwing? That way, when/if Ondrusek gives up a hit, you stop the bleeding right then and right there. Put Chapman in. More likely than not, inning saved and we go to the 11th.

I have NEVER said anything negative about Dusty til now. I have listened to viewpoints from both sides (pro/con) and I have watched his "managerial decisions" w/my own 2 eyes all yr. long. And there is just NO other way to put it; DUSTY HAS GOT TO FREAKIN' GO! He SUCKS.

Yes, I know Hanigan should have made the catch. But, the damn game should have NEVER gotten to that point in the 1st place!!!

Pathetic.

When they said Logan was coming in the game, I said oh well it's over. He has blown every game he has been in with the game tied in the last month or two but Baker just keeps on using him. There was no reason why Chapman should not have been in no later than after the first hit. IMO he should have started the inning. BUT, if the Reds could score a runner from third with less than 2 outs the game would never have been in a tenth inning. We win in 9.

where was LeClure? He has pitched well. Is he in Dusty's doghouse?

It's as if Dusty is trying to make a point to Walt that he just doesn't have enough talent.

"I'm going to put Andrusek In here".

Anyone playing that game like there was no tommorow would have gone with Chapman to start the inning and at the very least would have had Chapman ready to go at first sign of trouble.

It's like Dusty just gave up. Players take on the personality of the manager and that is what this organization can look forward to as long as the turd is managing.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDusty View Post
    It's as if Dusty is trying to make a point to Walt that he just doesn't have enough talent.

"I'm going to put Andrusek In here".
    When his name is part of the thread title, it's obvious you're just doing that on purpose.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikdavrut View Post
    I have NEVER been big on Ondrusek. You can show me all the stats you want, blah blah...I don't care. I just have always thought he "looked" lucky when he would get through an inning. He has never looked "solid" (I don't really know any other way to put it). I think of him on the same level as someone like Fisher.

I'm w/most everyone else. WHY not have Chapman up and throwing? That way, when/if Ondrusek gives up a hit, you stop the bleeding right then and right there. Put Chapman in. More likely than not, inning saved and we go to the 11th.

I have NEVER said anything negative about Dusty til now. I have listened to viewpoints from both sides (pro/con) and I have watched his "managerial decisions" w/my own 2 eyes all yr. long. And there is just NO other way to put it; DUSTY HAS GOT TO FREAKIN' GO! He SUCKS.

Yes, I know Hanigan should have made the catch. But, the damn game should have NEVER gotten to that point in the 1st place!!!

Pathetic.
    I have less faith in Ondrusek than anyone else in our pen. Never been a fan and I knew that game was over last night when he came in. That ERA is going to continue to balloon. Most overrated player on the 40 man.

Going to him in the first place was questionable. Leaving him in there when it was painfully obvious he had absolutely nothing was indefensible.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Yeah his numbers look a lot better than I would think they would. I guess it's just his turn though. Coco blew some games, then Masset took over, and now Ondrusek is stepping up.

I don't know what other options we really had that inning other than Coco. Ondrusek gave up a first pitch single, then the next guy was on in what, 3/4 pitches? That inning got away really fast, but yeah I agree we should have had someone else warming before the inning just as a precaution.

Also, for a guy that has had a mid 90s fastball, he really seems to throw a lot of mid 80s thigh high ducks. I dunno if it's a changeup or what offspeed pitch it is, but when you have a fastball like that I have no idea why it isn't used more.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Yeah his numbers look a lot better than I would think they would. I guess it's just his turn though. Coco blew some games, then Masset took over, and now Ondrusek is stepping up.

I don't know what other options we really had that inning other than Coco. Ondrusek gave up a first pitch single, then the next guy was on in what, 3/4 pitches? That inning got away really fast, but yeah I agree we should have had someone else warming before the inning just as a precaution.

Also, for a guy that has had a mid 90s fastball, he really seems to throw a lot of mid 80s thigh high ducks. I dunno if it's a changeup or what offspeed pitch it is, but when you have a fastball like that I have no idea why it isn't used more.
    IMO we needed to strike out a guy or two in the worst way -- too bad we don't have anyone that can bring 100+ heat and 90+ slider

/sarcasm
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Old Red Guard Reject

I really thought once Ondrusek got in trouble he would've brought Chapman in. Actually, like the rest of you, I question why Chapman wasn't used to start the inning. Cueto pitched a complete game the day before meaning everyone should have been available and Dusty chooses....Ondrusek?
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

I think it is odd that the two guys who were put in to finish a 7-2 game were the same two guys put into a 3-3 game. Especially since Bray's 2/3 of an inning is the only other relief work since Friday.

Turn Off Ads?