Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: SHOULD the Reds fire Dusty?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. It's not his fault.

9 16.67%
  • Yes. He deserves enough blame to be fired.

45 83.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHOULD the Reds fire Dusty?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

SHOULD the Reds fire Dusty?

Simple question.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: SHOULD the Reds fire Dusty?

YYYEEESSSSSSSSS!!! PLEASE!!!

I have taken all I can of Dusty Baker.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Yes, yes, yes.

A million times yes.

I know that I only voted once.

Who are all these anonymous bashers?

And where are all the apologists? We know you're out there.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

I have abstained from voting based on the way the two options are listed, but I think Dusty should move on. He's not the right fit for this club, especially if we're playing for the future. Playing veterans for months who hit on the .1nterstate and leading off a guy who's going to K 200+ times has worn out my patience with him. I acknowledge that he's a good baseball man who's had a lot of success. I appreciate what he did for the team last year, and I don't think this season is all his fault. But it's time for someone new at the helm.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    I have abstained from voting based on the way the two options are listed, but I think Dusty should move on. He's not the right fit for this club, especially if we're playing for the future. Playing veterans for months who hit on the .1nterstate and leading off a guy who's going to K 200+ times has worn out my patience with him. I acknowledge that he's a good baseball man who's had a lot of success. I appreciate what he did for the team last year, and I don't think this season is all his fault. But it's time for someone new at the helm.
    I voted yes, but I agree in that I would not have phrased it in terms of "blame." No hard feelings, but it is time to part ways.

Leading off with CP in 2008 (0.238 OBP) and T-Virus in 2009 (0.275 OBP) should have been cause enough for dismissal.

I remember Patterson going TWO MONTHS between walks.

In 2009 Taveras had the worst OPS in MLB, while Seabass had the worst OBP.

Baker hit them 1/2 (CF/SS).

Just staggeringly inexcusable managerial incompetence.
    Last edited by malcontent; 08-02-2011 at 02:57 AM.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Leading off with CP in 2008 (0.238 OBP) and T-Virus in 2009 (0.275 OBP) should have been cause enough for dismissal.

My biggest single beef about this organization is it's been about 20 years since we've had a prototype leadoff man who could set the table for the offense. This has culminated with the clowns you listed being used by Dusty, and it's almost as absurd with Stubbs fanning like there's no tomorrow.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Yes he should be gone. It should not be a 'you're fired' ala Donald Trump and a mutual agreement to part ways at the end of the season. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post

Dusty has plenty of bonified decisions, but he simply had no choice to trot those guys out every night back then. We simply had no other options.

Worst fit in the major leagues.

Plain and simple for everyone to understand....Dusty Baker 10,000% WILL NOT be fired after this season. Nor should he be.

The guy over-manages. Whether it's the nightly double switch, playing someone on a consistent basis so "they can get out of their funk," or not using your closer or Cuban LHP that has been dominant since being called back up from AAA in a tied game, Dusty has lost all of my faith. He isn't a bad guy, but he does appear to be a clueless one. It's time for him to go. Right now.

I think Dusty is a good guy and he can be a good manager. I just think he is a much better fit for a team like the Yankees or Red Sox where he can just roll the same starting lineup everyday and just keep people's egos in check.

My main issue is he just seems to manage with a hard set of rules without looking at the bigger picture. Jonny Gomes can't hit righties and is batting .196, lets keep running him out there til he gets hot. Cordero has pitched 3 games in a row and is out of gas, lets run him out there a 4th straight day, he is the closer.

Both Dusty and Walt need to move on, neither are in touch with today's game and how you put together a winning franchise. I don't believe either will be gone but we can hope.

Turn Off Ads?