Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Losing a series to the worst team in baseball who traded their best players!

takealeake

Losing a series to the worst team in baseball who traded their best players!

PATHETIC.

Why does Dusty or anyone in the front office have a job right now?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Losing a series to the worst team in baseball who traded their best players!

i want Rick Sweet managing now.. he cant do any worse that DUSTY!! Probably get more players playing harder than he does now and he would play th young guys that he knows very well from the Bats team!

Re: Losing a series to the worst team in baseball who traded their best players!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    i want Rick Sweet managing now.. he cant do any worse that DUSTY!! Probably get more players playing harder than he does now and he would play th young guys that he knows very well from the Bats team!
    +1

It has almost gotten funny watching the many ways this team can lose. They have given many games away with a Bad New Bears defensive inning like they just had.

I'm too lazy to look this up but how many hits have the Reds had per game over the last week/month/year? FIRE JACOBY (AND BAKER!!!!) I would love to see one of the most professional hitters ever to put on a Reds uniform as the hitting coach...Barry Larkin. He batted all over the order and produced. Lead off, 2nd, 3rd, etc. He had a plan with every at bat and these guys look to have no clue.
    Didn't Jacoby ruin Dunn? He came up as a gap hitter with power and Jacoby convinced him he should be pulling everything. How did that work out for him in the long run?

We just lost a series to the AA/AAA Astros...that is more accurate and yes it is pathetic.

Today they lost after dusty had to go to Massett!! Lecure should have pitched the 7th, Bray the 8th and co-co the ninth.. Nope after Massett is allowed to load the bases and give up the lead, THEN idiot Baker pulls him.. Baker cost the team this game.. Sadly gthe buddy beat writers wont question him on his use of the pen..

I don't think the Astros are better than the Reds AAA team of 2 weeks ago.

^^^ i dont think the reds are better than the astros

I can't blame Baker for using Masset in this game, it was the lack luster play of Votto and Massets error that killed us. Votto is great in so many ways yet he gets very lazy with his throws to first. That play started the train wreck and then Masset not handling the bunt kept it going. At that point Masset has to be pulled because he is not mentally in the game anymore. He is thinking about the last two plays.

Why in the world did they take Willis out? Anyone????

As far as masset goes, hes your setup guy. Him not being able to get any of the 5 batters he faced is his fault alone. If he does his job we win this game.

But dusty should not have taken willis out unless there was something wrong with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesh View Post
    ^^^ i dont think the reds are better than the astros

You are an idiot then. Losing two close games against a team doesnt make you worse then them.

The fact is that this reds team is a very talented team that should be near the top of the division. Its also a fact that they arent very good at winning close games. Finding a way to win is sometimes more important then talent.

Dusty Baker has no idea how to manage a pitching staff. Anybody with eyes can see that Masset and Ondrusek can't get people out right now. Put folks in the game that can preserve a lead.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Could Dusty Baker and Jacoby be ruining this young core of players?

I'm beginning to think so.

They certainly aren't teaching them anything.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I hate to be the guy who lectures everyone on still holding out hope, but as I've said several times, the NY Mets ended our season. This is just an average baseball team at best, severely flawed at worst. No reason you can't watch the games but holding out hope for some sort of miracle is just going to affect your heart and overall disposition in a negative fashion. And yeah, I am fully, 100% on the "Dusty is Awful!" bandwagon now. Someone should start a facebook group to that effect...would be good catharsis for many.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Turn Off Ads?