Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What are Baseball's "unwritten rules"?

What are Baseball's "unwritten rules"?

How many of them are there? Shouldn't there be a book or something? I guess they would be written then. Which ones make sense, and which ones are silly?

"Don't work the count when your team is up or down by a lot."

That's one you learn in little league. Maybe that's where all of these originate from?

"When hit by a pitch, don't rub the mark," or "when you slide into a base, don't dust yourself off."

Again, little league.

I found 2 of those here:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb-238853

I hadn't heard of most of them on the list. But I guess there are a lot of these "unwritten rules."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What are Baseball's "unwritten rules"?

That's a good read. Thanks for sharing. They left out no bunting late in a no hitter, which made the news lately. Some of these were news to me though.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

One I didn't see mentioned... When an umpire takes a foul ball off the mask or body, its common curtosy for the catcher to go and talk to the pitcher. Gives to ump some time to collect himself. Umpires usually do the same for the catcher.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

Quote Originally Posted by smoke6 View Post
    One I didn't see mentioned... When an umpire takes a foul ball off the mask or body, its common curtosy for the catcher to go and talk to the pitcher. Gives to ump some time to collect himself. Umpires usually do the same for the catcher.
    As a catcher I remember this one, but also if the ump has been squeezing my pitcher I would speed the pitcher up if the ump got hit. I would also turn quick and knock him over on foul tips behind me, by accident of course.
    My fav ump was my home field guy-he had a dustbuster on a chord that he would clean the plate with-said he hated sweeping-lol.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?