Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Reds Vs Riverbats

  1. #1
    KD1476 Kevin1476's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Columbus,Ohio
    Posts
    85

    Reds Vs Riverbats

    In a 5 game series against our triple A ball club, who you got? I still take the Reds, but in five games.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    391

    Re: Reds Vs Riverbats

    I'll take the Reds 3 out of 5 games. Maybe the Bats if I can put a healthy Cozart, Alonso and Frazier back in Louisville.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgetown
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Reds Vs Riverbats

    purpose of thread?

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    679

    Re: Reds Vs Riverbats

    Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    purpose of thread?

    To make the satirical point that it is at least questionable whether we are better than a AAA team at this point.

    I didn't even write the thread, but I could still tell that was the point.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgetown
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Reds Vs Riverbats

    Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    To make the satirical point that it is at least questionable whether we are better than a AAA team at this point.

    I didn't even write the thread, but I could still tell that was the point.
    if you had to question if were better than a triple A team ur flat out stupid.

  7. #6
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Reds Vs Riverbats

    The hitting might be equal, but the pitching wouldn't be.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  8. #7
    KD1476 Kevin1476's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Columbus,Ohio
    Posts
    85

    Re: Reds Vs Riverbats

    Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    purpose of thread?
    I am just your average die hard Reds fan, and what happened in Houston made me think that if they can take 2 out of 3 against us maybe Louisville can? I am fairly new to the site and was not trying to be negative, are you a moderator? Is there a problem with asking this question? I mean we have very talented guys in Louisville that are not getting the opportunity to play, so I thought it would be a good debate seeing how our Reds continue to struggle.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    35

    Re: Reds Vs Riverbats

    The Reds are obviously way better than the Bats, not even a question. That being said, anything can happen which is why they play the game. There are so many things that can go wrong (or right) for either team, that the better squad doesn't always come out on top. I still think the Reds would handle the Bats 90 percent of the time.

  10. #9
    Member LeDoux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    596

    Re: Reds Vs Riverbats

    Will say this- Rosie Red, Mr. Redlegs, and Gapper together are no match for Buddie Bat. Buddie is a stone cold killer. Have you ever wonder what happened to Mr. Red?

  11. #10
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Reds Vs Riverbats

    Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    Will say this- Rosie Red, Mr. Redlegs, and Gapper together are no match for Buddie Bat. Buddie is a stone cold killer. Have you ever wonder what happened to Mr. Red?
    Isn't Mr. Red doing time for hiring Dusty as manager?
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  12. #11
    Johnny Cueto Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Erlanger, KY
    Posts
    270

    Re: Reds Vs Riverbats

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1476 View Post
    I am just your average die hard Reds fan, and what happened in Houston made me think that if they can take 2 out of 3 against us maybe Louisville can? I am fairly new to the site and was not trying to be negative, are you a moderator? Is there a problem with asking this question? I mean we have very talented guys in Louisville that are not getting the opportunity to play, so I thought it would be a good debate seeing how our Reds continue to struggle.
    How is it not being negative comparing a major league ballclub to triple-a? You as a "die-hard" fan need to learn some things.
    TWITTER : @KOBasinger

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    906

    Re: Reds Vs Riverbats

    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    The hitting might be equal, but the pitching wouldn't be.
    well thats as asinine a comment ive ever heard.


    id expect the reds to win 95-99% of the time.

  14. #13
    KD1476 Kevin1476's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Columbus,Ohio
    Posts
    85

    Re: Reds Vs Riverbats

    Quote Originally Posted by KOBasinger View Post
    How is it not being negative comparing a major league ballclub to triple-a? You as a "die-hard" fan need to learn some things.
    What do you suppose I need to learn, Master? I am entitled to an opinion and right now I like my manager @ AAA/Sweet better then Baker. In my opinion I do not feel it is negative at all to compare the ball clubs, especially when there are players down their that are just an opportunity away from being every day MLB players( Mesoraco, Sappelt too name a few)!

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,378

    Re: Reds Vs Riverbats

    Quote Originally Posted by KOBasinger View Post
    How is it not being negative comparing a major league ballclub to triple-a? You as a "die-hard" fan need to learn some things.
    Well...we just lost a crucial series to a AA/AAA team....I'm just sayin'

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,262

    Re: Reds Vs Riverbats

    Quote Originally Posted by alucas1505 View Post
    The Reds are obviously way better than the Bats, not even a question. That being said, anything can happen which is why they play the game. There are so many things that can go wrong (or right) for either team, that the better squad doesn't always come out on top. I still think the Reds would handle the Bats 90 percent of the time.
    I dont recall score or details anymore but seems the Mudcats beat em up pretty goods when they had the exhibition game in Zebulon a few years back.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25