Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds Remaining Schedule

Old Red Guard Reject

Reds Remaining Schedule

I know they stunk it up in the two most important series in the second half against the mets and Astros ....but, the Reds only play 10 games out of 51 games against teams currently with an above .500 record with 6 of those being against the Brewers and Cardinals. Is there still a glimmer of hope?
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Remaining Schedule

Mathamatically they are not out of it but looking at the team as of now they are emotionally out of it. But to get back they would have to go on a 12 out of 15 streak or something to that nature and the brewers to lose.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Until we are above .500, I think it's useless to point out how many teams we face that are under .500. They could easily - and do- look at their games against us as probable wins.

Have fun and let's try again next year.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

As long as they continue to get beat up by the Astros, Mets, and Pirates........I see no glimmer of hope.

And the teams with sub-.500 records are typically bringing up their young guys, so they're not the same team. And we will have no scouting reports on these young pitchers and hitters, and we typically don't fare well in that situation.

www.coolstandings.com has done playoff odds and forecasts for a while. currently they have the reds at 11.4% to win the division. seemed a bit high and optimistic to me at first, but the reds schedule and run diff is why I guess.

id set the fair line at about 20 to 1 win the div at this point, but those guys are a lot better at it than
    me, so that does give us a glimmer of hope.

I think they need to get to 86 wins to have a chance to win the div. 32-19 is what theyd have to finish to get to 86. thats about 630 win % the rest of the way. not unheard of, but not likely at all
    Last edited by ervinsm84; 08-05-2011 at 08:45 AM.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Johnny Cueto Fan

Have you looked at the Brewers schedule also?

I'm not getting my hopes up anymore this year.

yes there is hope that the reds can finish above the astros

i think the reds will be able to cut this lead down to 2-3 games but will eventually just hit a wall and will never take the lead again. Brewers beat reds by 4-5 games in the end.

Stop giving people false hope man LOL. Honestly though, our last shot was the Astros series, when we bungled that up and didn't sweep the season was essentially over.

reds finish 12 games out in fourth place and dusty baker says their performance was huge

Turn Off Ads?