Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to? (Part II)

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

It's taking me longer to get into Sunbathing Animal. Similar experience for you?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    It's taking me longer to get into Sunbathing Animal. Similar experience for you?
    Agreed. It seems a little broader in terms of style. Some songs I'm a little uncertain of, but I think it'll probably be a grower. Light Up Gold has only gotten better with more listens for me.

Not sure where Revering 4 Blue has been, but he might appreciate this. Zach Brown Band has a new EP produced by Dave Grohl. I'm not at all into current commercial country, but I like interesting music, and this is.

Last edited by marcshoe; 06-05-2014 at 11:52 PM.

Woy and I are going to see Guided by Voices tomorrow night. Bobby Bare Jr opening. Going to be a good show.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

6. Likes:

BillDoran (06-08-2014), Falls City Beer (06-06-2014), marcshoe (06-06-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Woy and I are going to see Guided by Voices tomorrow night. Bobby Bare Jr opening. Going to be a good show.
    They've turned you into one of them.

8. Likes:

pedro (06-10-2014)

disco is the soundtrack of Hell, thus sayeth the Alice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yzI_K_zYnA
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Alice does cabaret/big band. . .

"Last Man On Earth"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfjtViyqEXo
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Agreed. It seems a little broader in terms of style. Some songs I'm a little uncertain of, but I think it'll probably be a grower. Light Up Gold has only gotten better with more listens for me.
    Light Up Gold is awesome but Sunbathing Animal gives me hope that Parquet Courts could last a while. Changing sounds up a bit and still keeping the quality high is much preferable over repeating the same schtick two records in a row.
    Cincinnati Reds 2014 W-L Record: 76.6-85.4*

Cincinnati Reds 2015 W-L Record: TBA

*UPDATED: 2/11/2014

12. Likes:

BillDoran (06-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Light Up Gold is awesome but Sunbathing Animal gives me hope that Parquet Courts could last a while. Changing sounds up a bit and still keeping the quality high is much preferable over repeating the same schtick two records in a row.
    But Room on Fire is my favorite...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

14. Likes:

BillDoran (06-10-2014)

Atmosphere- Southsiders Album.

please tell me someone else loves Atmosphere

Cannot listen to the song "What Color Is Blood" enough. Feels a bit retro, maybe akin to The Replacements, especially in the refrain, "Excuse me while I slip on out." Loving the album so far.

In my continuing and completely unintentional effort to adopt the soul of a mustachioed beer-swilling dude from the 70s, the gist of what I have been listening to lately is as follows:

And this guy I have only recently discovered, but just ordered the reissues that have just come out (link in that youtube video). If you guys find me passed out around a campfire in a parallel universe somewhere, tell my mother I love her.

There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Pretty much exactly where I'm at right now:

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

19. Likes:

BillDoran (07-09-2014)

I'm seeing Cloud Nothings next week, and they can play this song 10 times in a row, as far as I'm concerned.

21. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-09-2014)

That Cloud Nothings album was kinda disappointing for me but I set myself up for failure with sky-high expectations. It's just not as cohesive a statement as Attack on Memory. I think they really miss having two guitarists. However, it still makes my list of favorite albums released in the first half of 2014. The Hotelier are the big favorite but really I'm a fan of this entire "emo revival" thing.

Home, Like No Place Is There - The Hotelier
    Sylvan Esso - Sylvan Esso
    Here and Nowhere Else - Cloud Nothings
    Rooms of the House - La Dispute
    Who Would Ever Want Anything So Broken (EP) - Beach Slang
    My Krazy Life - YG
    Voices - Phantogram
    Black Sap Scriptures - Plague Vendor
    With Light and with Love - Woods
    Keep Doing What You're Doing - You Blew It!

Turn Off Ads?