Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 82 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to? (Part II)

Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I checked out some of their stuff after you posted and I really liked what I heard. Lucius will be opening for The Head and the Heart on some of their tour stops, including May 30 in Pittsburgh. Just a heads-up!
    Hey, thanks! I like The Head and the Heart too. I'll check this out.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Tickets have just gone on sale for a June 1 Mountain Stage show featuring Patty Griffin, Toad the Wet Sprocket, and Parker Milsap, as well as an "unannounced special guest".

Hmmm. Patty Griffin. Special guest. You don't suppose. . . .

Name:  Patty-Griffin-and-Robert-Plant.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  90.7 KB
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

stylistically probably the most difficult band to categorize that I've listened to. new video too, which is unsurprisingly, SOAD-style weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beN5ep5MrdY
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

5. Likes:

bigredmechanism (03-24-2014)

After seeing a chance photo of Roy Wood in which his face looked too small for his head, I've been listening to The Move a bit. A few thoughts: First, this band could have been a lot bigger in the US if they'd shown up after Led Zeppelin (btw, Bev Bevan was hired after John Bonham turned them down.) Second, even though I've been partial to Carl Wayne in the past, I'm really enjoying Wood's vocals this time around. Jeff Lynne almost sounds out of place on their last album with his insistence on singing well. Third, I hadn't noticed before how much the opening of "California Man" sounds like the nonsense music that played over the closing credits of WKRP and confused everybody.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 03-24-2014 at 06:35 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    stylistically probably the most difficult band to categorize that I've listened to. new video too, which is unsurprisingly, SOAD-style weird.

Those dudes are rocking hard. The guitar riffs remind me of Slayer a bit.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

Japanese youth playing derivative music?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Japanese youth playing derivative music?
    all music is derivative of something. MTH is actually middle aged now. SOAD and MTH made their first demos at roughly the same time. about half of MTH's catalogue is dark like "Yoshu Fukushu." but they also have a boat load of poppy things like "Koi no Mega Lover." they refer to themselves as hardcore punk, and while it shines through on something like "Koi No Mega Lover" or "『恋のスペルマ』"FES等におけるLIVEのノリ方講座", it's nearly devoid of punk on things like "Tsume Tsume Tsume" or "What's Up People?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luOUPTvKnpA
    Last edited by Ravenlord; 03-25-2014 at 02:02 PM. Reason: additional thought
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

Sorta like a mash up of S.O.A.D meets my chemical romance meets dillinger escape plan

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

RIP headphone users.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

all music is derivative of something. MTH is actually middle aged now. SOAD and MTH made their first demos at roughly the same time. about half of MTH's catalogue is dark like "Yoshu Fukushu." but they also have a boat load of poppy things like "Koi no Mega Lover." they refer to themselves as hardcore punk, and while it shines through on something like "Koi No Mega Lover" or "『恋のスペルマ』"FES等におけるLIVEのノリ方講座", it's nearly devoid of punk on things like "Tsume Tsume Tsume" or "What's Up People?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luOUPTvKnpA
    恋のスペルマ』"FES等におけるLIVEのノリ方講座
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw8624J0s5Y

"Tsume Tsume Tsume"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CYl_jofrdM

"What's Up People?"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKpkg_1JCNo

So much different new music being released lately. There is the new Black Keys single. Cloud Nothings are a week away from their new release and its streaming on NPR. I've been really digging Rooms of the House by La Dispute. But I'll give the youtube link to one of the most interesting artists out there right now, Badbadnotgood:

Btw, Lucious 'Turn It Around' is a perfect pop song. Thank you to whomever posted about them...

14. Likes:

Ohayou (03-26-2014)

I like the Arctic Monkeys. I had no clue who they were a couple of months ago, but I'm glad I discovered them.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

16. Likes:

I've been refurbishing my playlist with The Hold Steady, Tokyo Police Club, and a bunch of classic rock, particularly The Clash.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I've been refurbishing my playlist with The Hold Steady, Tokyo Police Club, and a bunch of classic rock, particularly The Clash.
    For years I dismissed "London Calling" as overrated. I never really "got it" initially. But over time it grew to be one of my top 5 "If you were stranded on a desert island" picks. Absolute brilliance. And must be played LOUD.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

19. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-14-2014)

today's play list while in my greenhouse:

1. "The Wizard"--Black Sabbath
    2. "NIB"--Black Sabbath
    3. "Neon Knights"--Steel Prophet (Black Sabbath cover)
    4. "Metal Heart"--Accept
    5. "Petoeläimen Kuola (Predator's Saliva)"--Korpiklaani
    6. "Dante's Inferno"--Iced Earth
    7. "Dream Evil"--Dio
    8. "The Sound of Silence"--Simon & Garfunkel
    9. "Through the Eyes of a King"--Jon Oliva's Pain
    10. "It's Good to Be King"--Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
    11. "Imaginations From the Otherside"--Blind Guardian

"Where's the ocean's daughter
    Was Peter Pan in Mordor
    No one's there to keep alive
    All these fairy tales
    May I return to Oz
    Will I meet the "Tin Man"
    "Coward Lion" where are you
    Without brain the scarecrow's lost
    In the middle of the lake
    Stranded in the real world
    Left in the world
    No place for daydreams
    Serious life
    I fall into
    I fall into a dark hole
    And I can't come out
    Do you know if Merlin did exist
    Or Frodo wore the ring
    Did Corum kill the gods
    Or where's the wonderland
    Which young Alice had seen
    Or was it just a dream
    I knew the answers
    Now they're lost for me
    Imaginations from the other side"

Turn Off Ads?