Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 82 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to? (Part II)

Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

I think this is my favorite song of 2013, and I'm far from a country guy:

2. Likes:

RichRed (10-11-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

For those who want to rock:

New movie on music in the 80's 'Losers Take All'

6. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-10-2013),Revering4Blue (10-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I love this album. One of the best live shows I've seen in recent memory as well.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Grizzly Bear is releasing an expanded version of their album Shields from last year and shared this bonus track "Will Calls" that will be on it. I have no idea how this slipped through the cracks because its legitimately one of their best songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Grizzly Bear is releasing an expanded version of their album Shields from last year and shared this bonus track "Will Calls" that will be on it. I have no idea how this slipped through the cracks because its legitimately one of their best songs.
    That was pretty chill, bro...

edit: oops, should have waited until the end of the song to comment. I kinda enjoyed that!

I've been listening to the new albums from Amos Lee and The Avett Brothers. I like the Avetts' Magpie & the Dandelion better than I did the Carpenter. I'll be keeping it on high rotation for a while. Amos Lee's album's more hit and miss. There are some good songs on it, but there are quite a few that leave me scratching my head. I'm not sure what he's trying to do. At first I thought he was going full roots music, but some of the tracks have a weird slickness to them. 'Chill in the Air' (with Allison Krauss) is probably the best song on the album, imho.

I do like the new Avett Brothers' stuff, though. I was surprised that it was more dynamic than The Carpenter.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 10-19-2013 at 02:00 AM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

The new Pearl Jam album is incredible. It's easily their best in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    The new Pearl Jam album is incredible. It's easily their best in a long time.
    I was going to ask about this one. For me Pearl Jam hasn't produced a good album in years. Heck I think Vitalogy is their last album that I thought was great. I have been listening to the preview on iTunes and have been a little unimpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I was going to ask about this one. For me Pearl Jam hasn't produced a good album in years. Heck I think Vitalogy is their last album that I thought was great. I have been listening to the preview on iTunes and have been a little unimpressed.
    I read this the other day and thought if you Bucksfan, I personally think Yield was their last great album but agree it's been awhile since they grabbed my attention

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...properly-rated

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I read this the other day and thought if you Bucksfan, I personally think Yield was their last great album but agree it's been awhile since they grabbed my attention

I'd say their new album reminds me most of Yield. Not as good as that album, but better than anything they've produced since then.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Interesting article. I kinda forgot how good and bad Vitalogy was.

I watched the documentary Pearl Jam 20 a while ago and noticed that in the beginning Eddie was crazy. There was footage of him climbing up in to the rafters and hanging, smashing guitars, being the front man most grunge fans were used to. Over the years he has mellowed and I think that has had a change on their music.
    Last edited by bucksfan2; 10-22-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

VU all day

RIP Lou

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MilotheMayor View Post
    VU all day

RIP Lou
    Wow, damn. I read this post a few minutes ago and I guess I just glossed over it because it didn't register with me.

RIP...

Turn Off Ads?