Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to? (Part II)

Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    After the game I turned over to Austin City Limits, and a band called Okkervil River was playing. Really interesting sound. I downloaded several tracks, and I'll see how it goes.
    I like them, Westfall is a crazy story but a good song. A girl I used to date turned me onto them.

As for the thread, today I've been listening to old school Faithless because it never seems to get old to me. And I guess watching Danny Boyle's opening ceremony can put you in that kinda mood.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    The Gaslight Anthem -- Handwritten.
    Still warming up to this. There's some good tracks, but I didn't enjoy it as much as their last two.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    After the game I turned over to Austin City Limits, and a band called Okkervil River was playing. Really interesting sound. I downloaded several tracks, and I'll see how it goes.
    I saw them open for Wilco a couple of years ago and liked them a lot
    School's out. What did you expect?

Michael Kiwanuka

Michael Kiwanuka - Home Again - YouTube

I'm not completely in love with all of his songs, but I greatly like his potential. And this sound is outstanding.

Been listening to Yellow and Green by Baroness constantly over the past couple weeks

Just recently saw a band called "The cast of cheers" from Dublin well worth checking out if you're in to bands like Bloc Party and Foals.

Matthew E. White - Big Inner. Great album. It's got this big haunting southern vibe to it. Definitely a kinda throwback album.

He's also got his own studio, Spacebomb, with a full house band, including a rhythm section, horns, backup vocals, ect. that's worked with Bon Iver (pretty sure you can hear Justin Vernon's vocals on Big Inner), Sharon Van Etten, and Megafaun, among others.

*BaseClogger* has been trying to turn me on to Cazwell, but I just can't get into it. He speaks really highly of it though.
    CAZWELL "Rice and Beans" official video directed by Marco Ovando - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Australian Red View Post
    Just recently saw a band called "The cast of cheers" from Dublin well worth checking out if you're in to bands like Bloc Party and Foals.
    I'm loving the new Bloc Party right now.
    Bloc Party - Octopus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    *BaseClogger* has been trying to turn me on to Cazwell, but I just can't get into it. He speaks really highly of it though.
    CAZWELL "Rice and Beans" official video directed by Marco Ovando - YouTube
    Everybody should totally check this guy out! Literally!

The Divine Fits album is pretty good.
    School's out. What did you expect?

After going away from Rhapsody for a little bit, I re-subscribed today. I lost my main playlist somehow, so I've been building a new one, including a lot of "Of Monster and Men" "Muse" "Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros" "Killers" "Avett Brothers" and the like. One thing that's a little different than what I've been doing lately is that I added a number of Sinatra songs (mostly from the Capital years with Nelson Riddle). I get into a Sinatra kick every few years, but usually don't stay in it for very long because his songs tend to work their way into my subconscious in weird ways and trigger some uncomfortable memories I can't quite pull up. Probably it's just that the songs connect with my very young years in the early sixties.

btw, you have no idea how hard I worked to keep from filling the previous paragraph with Sinatra titles (You Make Me Feel so Young, I've Got You Under my Skin, etc.)
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Robert Fripp - Flood Suite - YouTube

Robert Fripp. Exposure.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

"This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Last edited by jojo; 09-01-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Turn Off Ads?