Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 82 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to? (Part II)

Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

far away from my normal heavy metal, Matisyahu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9dqoZP1RvM
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I couldn't stand Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. I had only recently started getting into Wilco's music but that was one of the few albums I've ever listened to that actually made me angry. Just not my cup of tea, I guess. I've liked some of Wilco's stuff since then though.
    I felt the need to right a terrible wrong here. I just recently re-listened to Wilco's YHF album (3 or 4 times!) and all I can say is, I'm not sure what I was thinking. I think maybe the feedback/reverb stuff at the end of a couple of the songs turned me off back then. Or maybe I was just in a bad mood. Or who knows what? But it's always great fun to revisit music that you thought you knew and hear it in a whole different way.

To sum up, my opinion on Yankee Hotel Foxtrot has done a 180; the album is great.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I felt the need to right a terrible wrong here. I just recently re-listened to Wilco's YHF album (3 or 4 times!) and all I can say is, I'm not sure what I was thinking. I think maybe the feedback/reverb stuff at the end of a couple of the songs turned me off back then. Or maybe I was just in a bad mood. Or who knows what? But it's always great fun to revisit music that you thought you knew and hear it in a whole different way.

To sum up, my opinion on Yankee Hotel Foxtrot has done a 180; the album is great.
    This happens to me all the time and it makes me want to not express my thoughts on music until I've more fully digested it. But where is the fun in that?

This is in a van- I would bring these people on a road trip if i had a big enough vehicle

I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Hooray!
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

All the live Spin Doctors I can get my hands on.
    Last edited by TSJ55; 05-28-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I was listening to Women and Children First. It's the one VH album (Roth-era of course) that never really did it for me. It starts off pretty strong, but then...nothing.

This is the first of my summer jams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io8PqddrRIs

Have we talked about Foxygen here yet? Horrible band name but I'm loving the new album.

High five!

I've been revisiting some Maceo Parker albums. Mainly, "Mo' Roots" and mainly on that: Chicken, Hamp's Boogie Woogie and Sister Sadie.

The cool thing about this album is: Larry Goldings. No bass player, just left hand bass on the organ; Larry can walk a most tasteful line.

Also, Bill Stewart on drums...dude is a hard hitter.

I'm not getting the new Daft Punk yet, but I'm going to keep listening a while longer. It just seems lightweight to me, particularly when compared to, say, Massive Attack. Maybe that's not a good comparison.

I like the new Vampire Weekend a lot. Really interesting stuff. I've also dug way back into the archives and pulled out ELO's "On the Third Day", which should have been much bigger.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I've been revisiting some Maceo Parker albums. Mainly, "Mo' Roots" and mainly on that: Chicken, Hamp's Boogie Woogie and Sister Sadie.

The cool thing about this album is: Larry Goldings. No bass player, just left hand bass on the organ; Larry can walk a most tasteful line.

Also, Bill Stewart on drums...dude is a hard hitter.
    The Ray Manzarek / Doors style. I downloaded and listened to a 2012 Ray and Roy Rogers band show after his death.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I like the new Vampire Weekend a lot. Really interesting stuff.
    I can't stop playing this one, absolutely love it.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Have we talked about Foxygen here yet? Horrible band name but I'm loving the new album.
    I'm bumping this thread solely to pimp this album, which I love more and more. I don't know that I've listened to an album start to finish this much in years.

This is the opening track. But listen to the whole album!

[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I'm bumping this thread solely to pimp this album, which I love more and more. I don't know that I've listened to an album start to finish this much in years.

This is the opening track. But listen to the whole album!

[/QUOTE]

It is a great album. Had the chance to see Foxygen and Unknown Mortal Orchestra a few months back here in little old Bloomington. Great show; tons of fun.

Turn Off Ads?