Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to? (Part II)

Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I love it. Very groovy.

This, also groovy baby, in a very different way:

Can't go wrong with Trouble in Mind Records.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Mellow and jangly.

And a little jammier.

Last edited by BillDoran; 02-18-2015 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Adding more unsolicited music

4. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-06-2015)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Only discovered these guys recently. They have a bright future ahead of them.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

6. Likes:

marcshoe (04-05-2015),Revering4Blue (04-05-2015)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

There will not be a better record to come out this year than the newest Sufjan Stevens one.

https://m.soundcloud.com/asthmaticki...fficial-stream

Beautiful, absolutely emotionally devastating, some of the greatest, most personal and relatable songwriting I've heard in years. This one is definitely his Nick Drake/Elliott Smith record.

Make sure you read this first though, like required reading beforehand, so you can get the back story to the record, which just multiplies the impact it hits you with by like a billion.
    http://m.pitchfork.com/features/inte...ufjan-stevens/
    Last edited by Wonderful Monds; 04-05-2015 at 01:31 PM.

8. Likes:

Larry Schuler (04-06-2015),marcshoe (04-05-2015)

People are raving about this Sufjan record. I've never been a big fan, but I guess I have to check it out.

The Father John Misty is probably my favorite so far this year. But nothing can compete with the teenage levels of excitement I'm harboring over the new Blur album. God, I hope it doesn't suck.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

10. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (05-03-2015)

They call me "chef"

Sufjan all day, all night.

12. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (04-10-2015)

But nothing can compete with the teenage levels of excitement I'm harboring over the new Blur album. God, I hope it doesn't suck.
    If 'Go Out' is any indication I think we'll be alright.

There has been so much good music already this year--nobody has even mentioned To Pimp a Butterfly. But this has been my most played track:

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Mellow and jangly.
    'Central Park Blues' was on repeat for a couple weeks, thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    If 'Go Out' is any indication I think we'll be alright.[/YT]
    I'm not crazy about Go Out. To me it sounds like a less inspired, 21st-century retread of Entertain Me. But I like both There Are Too Many of Us and Lonesome Street, and I loved Under the Westway.

Blur would have to really go off the deep end to disappoint me though. And I agree, this has been a very good year for music so far.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

16. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-06-2015)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I haven't gotten around to listening to a ton of music this year, but I think Florence and the Machine's What Kind of Man is my favorite song, thus far (NSFW?):

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

dwenrhod

Prayer is dignity of soul

People are raving about this Sufjan record. I've never been a big fan, but I guess I have to check it out.

The Father John Misty is probably my favorite so far this year. But nothing can compete with the teenage levels of excitement I'm harboring over the new Blur album. God, I hope it doesn't suck.
    It's sort of barely a Sufjan record. Very different from his previous work, which was a lot more whimsical and fun. There is nothing light about this album, lol. It's heavy. It's the most deeply personal emotional album I've ever heard in my life. It's an ode to influence by Elliott Smith and Nick Drake. It's incredible.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I'm still boycotting his music for stealing my first love.
    They got divorced!

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    It's sort of barely a Sufjan record. Very different from his previous work, which was a lot more whimsical and fun. There is nothing light about this album, lol. It's heavy. It's the most deeply personal emotional album I've ever heard in my life. It's an ode to influence by Elliott Smith and Nick Drake. It's incredible.
    Yep. It's Sufjan with the ornate orchestra stuff and whimsical narratives stripped away. Some of the Age of Adz electronic stuff remains but its incredibly muted and deep in the background. You basically have a guy ruminating on death and religious inner conflict for 10 songs. You'd think it'd be depressing but there's something beautiful about someone being able to mine such personal songs about and related to his mother passing away.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Yep. It's Sufjan with the ornate orchestra stuff and whimsical narratives stripped away. Some of the Age of Adz electronic stuff remains but its incredibly muted and deep in the background. You basically have a guy ruminating on death and religious inner conflict for 10 songs. You'd think it'd be depressing but there's something beautiful about someone being able to mine such personal songs about and related to his mother passing away.
    Indeed. Lyrically, "The Only Thing" should qualify as one of the saddest songs written in the history of music; but instead it comes off instead I think as cathartic, profoundly straightforward and honest about what are truly some very, very dark feelings.

Turn Off Ads?