Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So the Pirates really suck

Time is the Revelator.

So the Pirates really suck

7-14 since the break. Lost last ngiht 15-5 to the Padres for number 8 in a row.

Now 3 games under and 8 back.

How quickly things change. We can still get 3rd place, folks!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: So the Pirates really suck

I predicted this scenario months ago, so it must've been easy to see.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

We couldn't have just bumped my Pirates thread to give me a little redemption?

yeah well THEY were supposed to suck

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I predicted this scenario months ago, so it must've been easy to see.
    I think anyone with any minimum level baseball I.Q. did see it coming. This pitching was bound to have a drop off even if they were more talented than I gave them credit for (though I don't know they have proven anything there), they are young and relatively inexperienced. And the pitching/defense was what carried them.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Same thing happened in Seattle when the offense never arrived - the pitching can't do it all. They may not be done sliding yet...
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ View Post
    How quickly things change. We can still get 3rd place, folks!
    Yeah, lets set our sights high. LOL

We're still 2-7 head-to-head against this team, with 6 to go. And the way we have performed this past week vs the Astros, and last night vs the Cubs, it's hard to get my hopes up.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

No need for us to jump the Pirates for third. It's all about getting the best draft pick possible now in this lost season. (And it will be fun watching the young guys and our stud players in general play the rest of the season. It's still going to be interesting to watch the rest of this Reds season, but we're out of it and I want the best draft position possible for the '12 draft if we're not going to make the playoffs. Which we're not.)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    No need for us to jump the Pirates for third. It's all about getting the best draft pick possible now in this lost season. (And it will be fun watching the young guys and our stud players in general play the rest of the season. It's still going to be interesting to watch the rest of this Reds season, but we're out of it and I want the best draft position possible for the '12 draft if we're not going to make the playoffs. Which we're not.)
    So we should throw games?
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    We already have earlier in the season. Why change now?

Just as I, and many others, predicted. They may end up finishing just a few games below .500 but they were never legitimate contenders for the Central crown.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    No, but safe to say that when Dusty does mindless things like bat Janish in the two-hole, it won't bother me nearly as much as it normally does considering this season is a waste anyway. The players aren't going to throw games of course. But as a Reds fan, I couldn't care less if we finish third or fourth in the division. If you're not first (or in the wildcard race) you're last. If the Reds have no shot at making the playoffs --which they don't IMO -- then as a fan I'm hoping for the best draft pick possible now. No way we would ever fall to the level of the Astros, but I wouldn't even care if we finished fifth behind the Cubs this year. Might as well get the best draft pick(s) possible if you're completely out of the playoff race.

So what happens to all those Pirates fans that all of a sudden appeared out nowhere?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    So what happens to all those Pirates fans that all of a sudden appeared out nowhere?
    They get to remember 2011 as the year they contended into late July.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Easy to make fun of them, but Reds fans did much the same thing last year. I was in PNC Park a few weeks ago to watch the Redlegs, and divisional opponents or not, I was happy to see them excited about baseball again. Can't be a bad thing for MLB if that city awakens from the dead as a baseball town.

Turn Off Ads?