Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P_Doc HIts The Nail On The Head

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: P_Doc HIts The Nail On The Head

It’s Baker’s job to get his players to play to their potential. They’ve missed by miles.

This isn’t Baker’s fault, entirely. It is his problem.
    Very good article.

start chapman

I am starting to think Doc actually does watch more than the occasional Reds game. He summarizes the frustrations of many fans.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    I am starting to think Doc actually does watch more than the occasional Reds game. He summarizes the frustrations of many fans.
    He could have written that article after reading Redszone's game thread from today!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

You’d like to think this year would have brought some answers.
    I agree with this statement. If they're not going to win the division, they should be searching for answers from within the farm system so they know what to upgrade in the offseason.

Optimism says Bruce, Stubbs, Homer Bailey, Travis Wood and Chapman are buds waiting for the sun. Pessimism says they are who they are.
    I've often wondered if Reds management and fans overvalues some of these guys. Sometimes certain players aren't a good fit for your team. And other unlikely players are a good fit.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Doc has echoed about Chapman what I have been saying about him since day one.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

That blog post and most of the 24 comments are full of nothing but facts and great ideas. Thanks for sharing the link.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Bout time somebody in the local press took issue with this team's management.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

This sums it up pretty good. At this point the Reds future has gone from great to questionable. The way they have handled Chapman is looking worse and worse.

Out of everything the most frustrating is that the Reds will probably have to move Votto eventually, because realistically they can't afford him. That is outrageous, when a small market team can't even hope to be able to keep their own homegrown talent. In the NBA and NFL small market teams are able to keep their superstars. Players may still choose to go to a bigger market anyway, but small market teams are able to offer the same amount of money. Lebron didn't go to Miami because of money, because Cleveland was offering a similar amount. That is because in the MLB there is a much greater disparity in team payroles. You have some teams like the Yankees outspending others my many times.

The Reds need to come up with a plan, make some moves, and use some of their young talent in the right ways. Wood should be traded, since he is a fly ball pitcher. Some team might want a chance at Volquez.

We can not afford Votto in 2013 so trade him before 2012?

Sounds like Doc has given up on 2012 already

Not getting Chapman ready to start is a fail.

Add me to the group that wants stretch out Chapman.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Chapman should be in triple A working on becoming a starter. Lousy management of this situation.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Think of our Rotation next year if we stretch out Chapman:

1. Cueto
    2. Leake
    3. Homer
    4. Chapman
    5. Arroyo/Wood/Dontrelle

That's sick.

Turn Off Ads?