Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/7/11 - Reds at Baby Bears

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 8/7/11 - Reds at Baby Bears

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Stubbs was playing deep he came in a long way for that ball, if he dives for it and it gets past him Marty would rip him for that too.
    Yep. I agree. Just thought it was strange for them to rip him for not diving there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wells strikes out swinging. 1-0 Reds after 2.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    If Stubbs is going to sit against RHers, then the Reds better try to get what they can out of him now because he isn't going to be much good with his skill set playing a couple of times a week. We don't face a whole lot of southpaws.
    I think Stubbs should top the list of guys to deal. The Reds are overloaded with guys who can hit 6th or 7th. Stubbs has a .939 OPS vs. Lefty pitching this year and with his speed and defense it would make him a good bench player, but as a first round pick with lots of potential, I think the Reds could do better by dealing him. They need to open some spots for guys who can do something besides hit 6th or 7th. I'd make CF and lead-off Sappelt's job to lose and keep Heisey aroud as a bench player and fall back if Sappelt falters.

Hopefully Stubbs could be a major piece in a deal for an arm or a clean-up bat.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Sappelt grounds out to short.

Renteria lines out to right. 2 outs.

Votto grounds out to 3rd. 1-0 Reds mid 3rd.

Castro homers to center. Tie game 1-1.

HR #31 for Arroyo

Maybe he should hit 4th?

What if

Stubbs was vying for the home run record and Arroyo the strikeout record?

Goodness, would someone explain to Jeff Brantley that he broadcasts for the Reds. I don't want a blind homer calling a game, but there should be a difference in his inflection when calling a home run for the other team or for their pitcher striking our batter out.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Campana grounds out to short.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Goodness, would someone explain to Jeff Brantley that he broadcasts for the Reds. I don't want a blind homer calling a game, but there should be a difference in his inflection when calling a home run for the other team or for their pitcher striking our batter out.
    He's ALWAYS done that...annoys the heck out of me.

"SWING and a miss" I get excited and then realize it was Votto striking out or something. *rolls eyes*

Ramirez files out to the wall in left. 2 outs.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think Stubbs should top the list of guys to deal. The Reds are overloaded with guys who can hit 6th or 7th. Stubbs has a .939 OPS vs. Lefty pitching this year and with his speed and defense it would make him a good bench player, but as a first round pick with lots of potential, I think the Reds could do better by dealing him. They need to open some spots for guys who can do something besides hit 6th or 7th. I'd make CF and lead-off Sappelt's job to lose and keep Heisey aroud as a bench player and fall back if Sappelt falters.

Hopefully Stubbs could be a major piece in a deal for an arm or a clean-up bat.
    Sappelt has to do something at the major league level before we go trading another young CFer and handing him the job.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Sappelt has to do something at the major league level before we go trading another young CFer and handing him the job.
    They aren't going to win unless they bring in an arm and if Alonso can't cut it in the OF a middle of the order bat. Who else should they trade? Somebody at a position where there isn't a guy on the cusp? Sappelt and whoever they could get for Stubbs > than Stubbs and no deal.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Turn Off Ads?