Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Youkilis ponders playing for Reds

Youkilis ponders playing for Reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Youkilis ponders playing for Reds

I would love the story of it, but I can't see it being the best move for the Reds to make.

Time is the Revelator.

"If I were to go anywhere, I would want to go to Cincinnati and play in front of my parents at home," Youkilis said. "I think it would be really cool for my dad and my mom, but especially for my dad, growing up in Cincinnati, that would be a real cool thing."
    Do it.

As a huge fan of Youkilis, I would love to see him at 3B for the Reds in 2013. I actually think there's a pretty good chance of it happening too since he would probably take a hometown discount.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    As a huge fan of Youkilis, I would love to see him at 3B for the Reds in 2013. I actually think there's a pretty good chance of it happening too since he would probably take a hometown discount.
    A 34 year old Youk making 6-7 million, or Todd Frazier (or someone similar) making 600,000?

What, are we going to be the last paycheck stop for guys past their prime looking for one last hurrah? The Bengals haven't done real well with that technique. No thanks. Cleveland isn't that far a drive and he could stay in the AL.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Let's see how he does in 2012, and even then Boston may hold onto him for $13MM in 2013. Got to plan as if he's not an option. Nice to see that he'd like to come home, though. If he can still play and becomes an option, the Reds would have to push for him. He'd be massively popular, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ View Post
    Do it.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Is Youk even a 3b? That is not only my biggest question now but also 2+ years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    A 34 year old Youk making 6-7 million, or Todd Frazier (or someone similar) making 600,000?
    For that amount? Take Youkilis and trade people to find room room for him.

Make it happen!

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Lets just wait to see how Fraizer does next year, he can either be really good and we don't need Youk, or he can be (below) average and Youk could be a good option with a hometown discount.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    Lets just wait to see how Fraizer does next year, he can either be really good and we don't need Youk, or he can be (below) average and Youk could be a good option with a hometown discount.
    Unfortunately, Frazier won't be playing 3B next year. Scott Rolen will be - at least when he's "healthy." I have a feeling that position next year is going to be every bit the disappointment that it has been this year.

It's time for Walt to make some tough decisions to move this team forward, and 3B is certainly one of them. Enough of this current wheel-spinning.
    Last edited by Reds/Flyers Fan; 08-08-2011 at 04:02 PM.

I'd love to see Buddy Bell/Scott Rolen/Kevin Youkilis in a Reds uniform. It's always just a couple years too late though, isn't it?
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Is Youk even a 3b? That is not only my biggest question now but also 2+ years down the road.
    I don't think that he is a legit 3B at this stage. And we are talking about him 2-3 years from now.

Though he could replace Joey at first.

Turn Off Ads?