Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mass on lung of my father

Mass on lung of my father

I know there are some in the medical profession on this site, so that's why I'm going to post the following.

My father has had a low-grade fever for about 2 weeks. He had a full body scan Friday, and his doctor told him today he has a mass on his left lung. It's less than 2 cm in size. The rest of his blood work, body, checked out fine, but the mass was said to be suspicious, and they think it may be cancer.

They won't go into any more details because they don't know exactly what it is. They said his lymph nodes were a little swollen, but didn't say anything further than that.

Do any of you have any experience with something like that? Any of you know lung cancer survivors that could share a positive story? The family is reeling pretty bad right now. He's our rock. The pillar of our family. I can't imagine our lives without him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mass on lung of my father

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I know there are some in the medical profession on this site, so that's why I'm going to post the following.

My father has had a low-grade fever for about 2 weeks. He had a full body scan Friday, and his doctor told him today he has a mass on his left lung. It's less than 2 cm in size. The rest of his blood work, body, checked out fine, but the mass was said to be suspicious, and they think it may be cancer.

They won't go into any more details because they don't know exactly what it is. They said his lymph nodes were a little swollen, but didn't say anything further than that.

Do any of you have any experience with something like that? Any of you know lung cancer survivors that could share a positive story? The family is reeling pretty bad right now. He's our rock. The pillar of our family. I can't imagine our lives without him.
    No expertise, only best wishes. I can only send whatever good thoughts I have his way and yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I will send my best wishes your way. My mother survived a bout with cancers of the kidney and liver last summer. She has previously had a brain tumor and breast cancer. She has fought hard and survived it all. Last week she was able to walk a long distance with us for the first time in years. I tell you this because there is always hope, even if the diagnosis ultimately comes back as cancer. You are in my thoughts.

Thank you so much. We're pretty shaken up right now. My dad has hardly ever been sick. Never calls off work. Never is down, for one minute, mentally or physically. I think his positive mental attitude will be a great asset throughout this potential battle. 1869, I hope your mother continues her positive progress. What a remarkably strong woman.

My best goes out to you and your family. My mother had cancer twice in her life and survived both times and still living well at 85. The key was catching the cancer early. She had ovarian and breast cancer.
    It sounds like they caught it early with your father. Stay positive and strong and all will be well I'm sure.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

no advice, but like others, prayers of good wishes and luck are heading your way. Hope everything turns out ok.

Saw this on Facebook, Jon. Prayers to your family. Sounds like your dad is a fighter and can overcome this with the support of your family and friends.

Yeah little to go on here just my best to you and yours Jon. My grandmother recently had cancer on the back of her eye and had surgery for it and is doing pretty well, although her eye is still a bit bothersome she can still see out of it. And then a few months after the surgery a mass was found in her bowel track and was very scary because we automatically assumed the worse but it turned out to be non cancerous and she had it removed just a few weeks ago. But it was beneficial for us all not to get ahead of things, and think positive. Hope the best for him and you.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Thanks for the well wishes guy. The biopsy went well. He's in pretty good spirits. The radiologist told us statistics favor my dad not having lung cancer as opposed to having it. So the odds are in his favor. Praying for the best. Should know Monday or Tuesday. Thanks again for the thought and prayers!

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes guy. The biopsy went well. He's in pretty good spirits. The radiologist told us statistics favor my dad not having lung cancer as opposed to having it. So the odds are in his favor. Praying for the best. Should know Monday or Tuesday. Thanks again for the thought and prayers!
    Good to hear, stay positive.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Thoughts and prayers are with you, Jon.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

I have said a prayer for your family.God Bless
    May the Lord bless

No cancer! Thank God. It's a fungus on his lung that can be successfully treated with medicine. Never been happier in my life. Thanks so much for all the prayers.

Fungus has never sounded so good. That's great news!
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Hooray, fungus! Great news, cincrazy.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?