Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Votto = Selfish

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Votto = Selfish

You guys asked why I think he is selfish...

Here is an example..

The Reds have not approached Joey Votto about the other way of getting Yonder Alonso in the lineup — moving Votto to left field. He played six games there as a rookie. Does he think could be a good a left fielder?

“I think I’m a pretty good first baseman,” Votto said. “And I think one the best attributes as a team is infield defense. We have four very good — and obviously as second and third — great defenders.”

That answers that.

Re: Votto = Selfish

are you serious what is the problem for saying that. he has worked very hard to learn how to play better first base and hes the reds best player do you want to move him to left field and maybe not want to resign with the reds because he was forced to move for an unproven rookie defensively.

Really depends on who asks the question. If Dusty asked Votto to play LF because it would help his team win, I think he does it. Pujols has done that a couple times for STL, and Votto is that kind of player.

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    You guys asked why I think he is selfish...

Here is an example..

The Reds have not approached Joey Votto about the other way of getting Yonder Alonso in the lineup — moving Votto to left field. He played six games there as a rookie. Does he think could be a good a left fielder?

“I think I’m a pretty good first baseman,” Votto said. “And I think one the best attributes as a team is infield defense. We have four very good — and obviously as second and third — great defenders.”

That answers that.
    And this makes him selfish how?..........

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

I don't really think it's a matter of if they should ask him to do it.

If it makes the team better, Baker should just pencil him in at left. He won't commit to a LTC, so why coddle him? If he is pouty about it and doesn't play well, he'll be hurting his own future contract offers.

It might seem crass, but this is a business.

Edit: Unless Baker/Jocketty asked him to do it and he said no, I don't see why he is selfish.

He should man up and at least fake it by saying, "I will do whatever this team wants me to do in order to help us win, if playing left field, or pitching in relief helps, then so be it." Not, "well, i think im a pretty good first baseman" That is irrelevant....he is a better left fielder than Alonso is, Alonso needs to be in the lineup. Period.

yea ur mvp 1st basemen is selfish b/c he won't go to lf(where he never plays) to let a rookie play.

He wasnt an MVP because of his ability to play first base.

not the point

You're right because league mvp is an offensive award. Joey Votto is a first baseman not a left fielder and wouldn't ever be asked to move positions like that, so wheather or not he would or wouldn't is a moot point.

Yes it is the point.

Does he want to win?

Do you think we are a better team with Alonso AND Votto in the lineup at the same time?

Well, there is only one way to make that happen, and Votto has never thrown the idea out there, at least publically.

Votto stayed an extra year and a half in the minors to work on his glove. He has worked at 1st base day-in-and-day-out this season. If Dusty were to approach Votto about it, it would be during Spring Training so Joey could work on the corner outfield spot. Instead, he believes he will be better working where he has been the past few seasons.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Is this a serious question?

Alonso has practiced far more in LF than Votto ever has. Why do you think Votto can play LF? Word on the street is that he's not very good at it either.

why not just do
    votto=catcher
    ms=lf
    alonzo=1st

why not why not lol

title of thread is just lol

/thread
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US