Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Teams try to trade for Willis

Will Teams try to trade for Willis

The guy has been nothing short of great in what now, 6...7 starts?

Not one bad start....and yet not a win to show for it.....how sad

I think there will be a team in the playoff race try to get Willis

and the way he has pitched the Reds could get a nice prospect in return.

A good left handed starter for a stretch run could be a difference maker on a good team.
    Last edited by Dusty is Done; 08-09-2011 at 10:03 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Will Teams try to trade for Willis

I hope they try to resign him in the off season. We are in no position to trade away starting pitching.
    "There are high fastballs and then theres Chapman's high fastball" -Chris Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    I hope they try to resign him in the off season. We are in no position to trade away starting pitching.
    or at times our Best Hitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty is Done View Post
    The guy has been nothing short of great in what now, 6...7 starts?

Not one bad start....and yet not a win to show for it.....how sad

I think there will be a team in the playoff race try to get Willis

and the way he has pitched the Reds could get a nice prospect in return.

A good left handed starter for a stretch run could be a difference maker on a good team.
    The guy is shockingly only 2 years older than Votto, and a great teammate. I say you hang on to him.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    This.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Walt and Bob won't sign him. They'll be taking their old men naps when other teams are courting Dontrelle.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

throws 106. NBD.

I wonder how much it will take to bring him back? He'll probably be looking for one last big pay day. I really don't think the Reds have much of a chance to resign him.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I wonder how much it will take to bring him back? He'll probably be looking for one last big pay day. I really don't think the Reds have much of a chance to resign him.
    I think they could if they made the effort.

Dontrelle appears happy for the second chance.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him give the Reds a chance to sign him.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Why not sign him? He's been about as consistent as any of the starters. Why give him away for prospects? The Reds have a whole team of prospects and they're not doing very well. Lock him up now, before he hits the open market. Show him you appreciate his effort.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I don't think he's going to get paid very well at all. The 29 innings this year aren't going to make people forget about the fact that it's been 5 years since he was even a decent pitcher. Not to mention his peripherals still aren't all that great this year. He's not allowing many runs yet, but 29 innings is an incredibly small sample size.

throws 106. NBD.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I think they could if they made the effort.

Dontrelle appears happy for the second chance.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him give the Reds a chance to sign him.
    I'd love to see it happen if they could get him relatively cheap.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

For the right price I would love to have DW as next year's #4 starter. He's one of the lone bright spots this year.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

He doesnt need a big paycheck-the way the team has (not) backed him up each position player should be buying him dinner, watches, etc for a long time coming.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

I really appreciate Dontrelle's attitude on and off the field (his twitter stream is overwhelmingly positive).

For all he's done on the mound so far this year, albeit in a small sample size, I can't help but wonder how well that bat of his would play in a lineup everyday.

I don't know what his fielding might be like, but does he have a potential future in the outfield or as a DH?

With his salary for this year, I don't think there's any chance that Willis would clear waivers, which could make a trade difficult. You'd probably end up trying to work a deal with whatever team claimed him just to block him from going to a competitor.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Turn Off Ads?